lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Birchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default At what voltage will my golf cart stop

I have a Club Car 2010 i2 Precedent.
I was thinking that there must be a cut out point with low voltage. Is this correct.
My cart gets me a couple of miles down the road to the course, i play 18 holes & can drive home no problem.
I have then put the multi meter on it & still have better than 47 volts left.
I do not have a voltage meter/gauge fitted so am curious.
Could i squeeze another 18 holes out of it.
Thanks in advance
Birchie
Birchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: At what voltage will my golf cart stop

Whoa that is only 40% charge left.
Go to scotttieb's tutorial NOW http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Tutorial.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You should try not to discharge the batteries below 50% SOC, since doing so is hard on them and will shorten their life. Deep cycle wet cell batts like to be at 100% SOC, so anytime you are not using the cart, make sure it's plugged into the charger...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think part of your question was about distance - so lets do this. Since all modern (eg. 2010) CC carts are Regen (I believe) then the low battery peformance is a bit different than a series cart. First, lets assume you know not to discharge your batteries lower than recommended BUT you have stayed too late at the course (AKA beer), your batteries are lower than they should ever be, and your wife is already mad!

With my old-but-still-a-Regen cart - even when the batteries are lower than 40% capacity and the dash light is on....it just keeps trundling (slower and slower) along. It doesn't shudder & shake like a series cart...it just limps along. I'm sure at some point it would stop while going up a hill - but on the level it sorta just continues at a snails pace and eventually no doubt...would grind to a slow & quiet halt.

In terms of golf capacity from *very healthy* batteries - my cart once got 3 rounds of golf (barely) when the batteries were quite new; without the dash light coming on (that was much lower than they should have been - but at the time I didn't know the relay in my charger had failed). When I got home after round 3 (just a couple blocks) the dash light came on and I investigated/fixed the charger. I'm quite a bit wiser about chargers now.

I think CC's design parameters for 48v carts is meant to acheive TWO rounds of golf without causing battery damage - so fleets of golf carts can be fully utilized on long summer golf days. That being said - charging after every round is the best.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

See if this might answer your question. From the Curtis website for the 12xx controller.

Quote:
Low Voltage Max 27 – 45 V Sets the undervoltage threshold to protect the system from operating
at voltages lower than its electronics were designed for. At the set
threshold voltage, the drive current will taper off until it reaches the
controller’s internal threshold for safe operation. This ensures proper
operation of all electronics whenever the vehicle is driven.
Low Voltage Margin 2 – 10 V Sets the threshold below Low Voltage Max at which full cut-off will occur.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car