lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #1
carpediem
Not Yet Wild

Question Looking to install LOUD system in cart need help?

Ok we are looking to install a loud as possible system in our electric cart. Only thing is we arent sure what to do as far as powering it goes? what are the best options for being able to power and amp and stereo?
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
v UNO v
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking to install LOUD system in cart need help?

Get a independent 12v battery. I was looking at this
battery battery

I know its pricey but with the power youwill draw from your system, this battery will give you a full day if not more of run time. I am looking at running 2 different sets of LED lights, a radio, and speakers and this is what i will need for a full day of use. so if you take out the lights and add an amp and sub im sure it will just about equal out.

If the price is outof your budget you can get a battery with less Ah and it will work fine but the down side is you may not get a full day of use. :/
v UNO v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
whizzo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Loud as possible....um serioulsy.

The question then is...what are you prepared to do and how much are you prepared to pay.

As soon as you start talking extreems, peoples idea of what is reasonable varies.

So how about a pair of twinn 15 & horn boxes mounted on the back, a mains powered amplifier, big inverter (or a custon designed DC powered amp) and a seperate 48 volt battery bank to support it.

That would probably require a suspension upgrade and maybe a motor upgrade to push it.

Or are you just thinking about a bit of car hi fi.

cheers
whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Loud as Possible ? Judging from that statement and no introduction.... I would say your a jr. cart fan . lol By the way welcome to BGW - Mayor
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, power, speakers, stereo, system
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts