lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
hookemtx120
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HD Hub Help

So the newbie is at it again attempting to change his own hubs to the HD ones from ScottyB. I have a message into him, but I was curious if anyone on line can help as I am in the middle of the install. The new HD hubs are extremely hard to fit. I had to use a mallet to hammer it on one side and now I can hardly turn that wheel anymore. I am afraid to do the other side in case I did something wrong. In watching a youtube video, the installer made it look like they should just slide on. Anyone with ideas? Scotty, you out there buddy??
hookemtx120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Hub Help

I do not know, but I have an idea:

You have probably damaged the splines on the axle shaft and now the new hubs are having trouble getting fitted to them. Just a hypothesis, I would wait for Scottie B for an answer!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
hookemtx120
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Kelly Bell. The hub turns just fine as long as the outer cover, sorry do not know what it is called, is not on. The hub piece that slides on the teeth fit just fine, it is the that heavy cover that does not go on. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

No problem, guy! The Heavy cover is the brake drum. It is probably fitting tight because it is new, and your old ones were worn. You will have to readjust your brakes after fitting. All this is really a guess on my part at this point, but if I am correct, all is normal. I would grab a beer and wait for Scottie B to respond!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
hookemtx120
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Way ahead of you on the beer part. Sounds good, I will wait for Scottie to come through like he always does.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Kelly is right & thanks for the help
Your old drum was worn. The brake shoes need to be adjusted in to allow the new drum to clear.

What cart is this you're asking about?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
hookemtx120
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a 95.5 EZGO TXT. I already have one side on and I am not sure I can get it off. Another mechanically challenged person question is how do I adjust the brake shoes?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Try removing the brake cable from the back of the backing plate. If there is no cable pulling on the shoes they might relax enough to remove the drum. If not, check the drum for a small window (hole) in the casting that would allow you to back off on the star nut to release the shoes entirely. A screwdriver usually works here.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

The technicians repair manual goes over it, if you have time to read it. Download it from the stickies at the top of this forum. Its labled :Basic Ezgo electric golf cart wiring and manuals
Old 02-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't know who's pic this is but found it on the internet ..... thank you if it is yours... see the star, turn it with a common screwdriver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo brakes.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO