lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Question about an important wire.....

Please bear (bare?) with me. I know very little about some things about the cart, but am very dependent on it. I pick up a little knowledge as I go.

I had the cart serviced recently at an EZGO shop and it was running like a charm. I drove it a couple times since it was serviced. But today, out in the woods, it suddenly quit. No click of the controller either. I checked the batteries.....all connected well.

I took the cover off the controller and found a loose blue wire. I thought maybe it had something to do with the horn, since I asked them to disconnect the back-up horn, since I only use it in enjoying nature and it scares the wildlife. But that wouldn't affect it running.
Well, there appeared to be a couple places where a clip like the one on this blue wire could go. I put it on a place, and it worked!
So.......I have no idea why it popped off. Is there any way of tightening those clips on the ends of wires so this doesn't happen again?
(or maybe doing something to the receptacle thingy that it clips into?)
Thanks for your patience!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question about an important wire.....

Is this a wire that's a part of a multiple wire plug? If so, many have a barb, that holds them in the plastic plug, You may be able to remove the wire and try and open the barb more. If the wire doesn't easily pull out of the plug, I'd just wait and hope it doesn't happen again. You can easily bugger them up if you aren't careful.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks yurtle. I think I'll just leave it alone, in hopes of it not happening again. I'd hate to mess up the wire. Maybe it just wasn't put on very well at the shop.
Thanks!
Oh........is it in any way possible I put that wire where it shouldn't go, and even though it made the cart work, it could hurt it?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well for starters......the blue wire comes from your KEY SWITCH and should be connected to MS2 micro switch on the front of your F&R switch. Look at switch's, there are two of them, there will be a RED jumper connecting the two of them. One of them will have a ORANGE wire on the other side if the switch that goes to the controller, the BLUE wire should be connected to the other micro switch, on the opposite side of where the RED jumper is.

BTW.....anytime you have questions like yours, and you are not sure, if you could post a clear picture, it would really help.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #5
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Sir Nuke.
I'll print your post off and take a look at the controller. It's been running fine now, so I think I lucked out with guessing where to put the wire.
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks Sir Nuke.
I'll print your post off and take a look at the controller. It's been running fine now, so I think I lucked out with guessing where to put the wire.
Thanks!
if you don't have it, here is the wiring diagram's for our carts.....yes I have a 2006 TXT Series cart too! You lost a connection in the solenoid activation circuit, which is why there was no "CLICK". you can trace the wires, and you can see where the BLUE wires comes from the key switch and goes to the micro-switch on the F&R.

The first is the Solenoid activation circuit that is high-lited, the second one is the High Current (cables) circuit.

Wiring Diagram Series with Solenoid Activation Traced.JPG

Wiring Diagram Series-Hi-Current traced.JPG
Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the connector is loose, turn everything off, pull the connection and with a pair of needle nose pliers, crimp it closed a little. Should be tight sliding back on.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
if the connector is loose, turn everything off, pull the connection and with a pair of needle nose pliers, crimp it closed a little. Should be tight sliding back on.
bingo! he just needs to ensure/verify its landed on the right spot.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Agreed. Guess I should have said that huh? They probably knocked it loose when they pulled the reverse buzzer wire. I would reconsider hooking that back up with a ear plug and tape stuffed in the hole but that is just me. I don't like the loud noise but I want people around me to know I'm going backwards.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Agreed. Guess I should have said that huh? They probably knocked it loose when they pulled the reverse buzzer wire. I would reconsider hooking that back up with a ear plug and tape stuffed in the hole but that is just me. I don't like the loud noise but I want people around me to know I'm going backwards.
yeah but the reason he doesn't want it is because in a hunting buggy.....its easy to scare off the prey with the buzzer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO