lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 48v EZGO TXT - DCS or TXT48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If you’re only reaching 16 I’m guessing that you are not turned all the way up speed wise. They may have turned on freedom mode (17.5 by default) but even that requires the hand held to turn it up to 19.5. Your local dealer may take a look for you but may want some $$ to do it. I have a hand held and can look at those settings for you sometime when I am up in Chappells.
You can up his speed if Freedom Mode is on, but I kinda doubt it is. The dealers have been bumping them up to 14-16 MPH without using Freedom mode on the ones I've programmed recently. You may need to toggle it on for him.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #22
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks both of you for the information. It seems like quit a bit of money just to see what settings are in my control box. I am very good with PCs and software (ex-IT guy), but the purchase of the cable or the meter is more than I want to spend right now. Maybe hook up to one of you guys and see what I have, if the charge isn't too much.
Thanks you guys time in educating me.
KensEZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:35 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensEZGO View Post
Thanks both of you for the information. It seems like quit a bit of money just to see what settings are in my control box. I am very good with PCs and software (ex-IT guy), but the purchase of the cable or the meter is more than I want to spend right now. Maybe hook up to one of you guys and see what I have, if the charge isn't too much.
Thanks you guys time in educating me.
Not a problem. In the Curtis controller world, the 1206HB-5201 is one of the simpler modern controllers. Nothing like the complexity of the 3 phase AC drive used in the RXV...

When I started working with computers, they had vacuum tubes and occupied large buildings. I stuck with it and became one of the early NSA level hackers. I still train NSA hackers but the hackers of today only learn the tools, not the techniques that allow one to gain entry into any networked computer without tools. I went to a trade show in Atlanta GA where a firewall vendor bragged that their product was hackproof. I warned them that advertising as hackproof was foolish, nothing networked is hackproof. They challenged me to hack their server. I accepted their challenge, grabbed a laptop, and within 10 minutes I had control of their server, right through their "unhackable" firewall. I handle national security these days. Gotta have a hobby, right?
Old 06-29-2018, 06:34 AM   #24
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, you are certainly on a different level of networking skills than me. Especially at a national security level.

I think at this point I will just focus on adding some accessories to my cart. Just need to figure out if a spare 12v battery would be better than a 48v to 12v reducer. Will browse the forum for additional info.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The reducer is the way to go if you want the least amount of hassle. Running an accessory battery too low too often creates another short battery changing interval that can be avoided.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #26
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The only time I’ve read of needing a separate 12v is when using a winch as is draws to many amps. And when I say winch I mean the motor with a cable for pulling you out of a tuff spot not the girl you fell for at a renaissance festival.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:58 AM   #27
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
The only time I’ve read of needing a separate 12v is when using a winch as is draws to many amps. And when I say winch I mean the motor with a cable for pulling you out of a tuff spot not the girl you fell for at a renaissance festival.

Made my day!!
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #28
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Not a problem. In the Curtis controller world, the 1206HB-5201 is one of the simpler modern controllers. Nothing like the complexity of the 3 phase AC drive used in the RXV...

When I started working with computers, they had vacuum tubes and occupied large buildings. I stuck with it and became one of the early NSA level hackers. I still train NSA hackers but the hackers of today only learn the tools, not the techniques that allow one to gain entry into any networked computer without tools. I went to a trade show in Atlanta GA where a firewall vendor bragged that their product was hackproof. I warned them that advertising as hackproof was foolish, nothing networked is hackproof. They challenged me to hack their server. I accepted their challenge, grabbed a laptop, and within 10 minutes I had control of their server, right through their "unhackable" firewall. I handle national security these days. Gotta have a hobby, right?
Here's a funny and true story. Some smart new york politicians were holding an election on their fancy new digital voting equipment. They stupidly boasted that it was unhackable (a challenge readily accepted). The winner of the school board president was a candidate by the name of Bender bending rodriguez. Yeah, the drunk robot from Futurama cartoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bender-futurama-26246-1920x1200.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #29
KensEZGO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input on this stuff. I just wasn't sure if my head/tail lights, radio, LED glow lights, USB/chargers would be too much of a draw. If all else fails, I could always add a 12v battery later.

Speaking of my head/tail lights, the dealer installed them and attached them directly to my battery pack (48v). So they can be turned on at anytime. I want them wired to my key switch. I was under the assumption that all accessories were 12v. Do lights come with a reducer built in?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #30
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A lot of the new light kits using leds can be connected directly to the pack and from a large range of voltage. If you want to wire them through the key switch you will need a 48 volt relay.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO