lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Default 72 volt get go

how many and what size batts are you using to go to get to 72 volts. how much do you think it would run to get to something like Chevy is planning from a stock electrical. 36 volt DCS cart.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 72 volt get go

Batts- depends on you- 9x8 volt Trojans +-1000
72volt controller- $525-600
72volt charger- $300-500
forward reverse switch and rod $150
Or reversing contactor- +-250
main contactor- $100-150
Cables-$100-200
Motor to handle 72volts $400-600

These prices are rough estimates. You might can shop for a better deal or buy cheaper parts but not recommended. Any site sponsor can give you exact prices and most will give you knowledgable service after the sell.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

I will but for now, I am just laerning on what to do and change. I can upgrade to a nice gas golf cart for about 2k but most of my campground is gas and think that electric is weak. having a degree in industrial electricity I would like to show otherwise. However most of my background is AC but I know what Im doing, you guys have experience and experience beats schooling any day.
If you have not see the cart I was thinking about upgrading to is this one.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rvs/2142788387.html
says it will do between 20 and 23 with stock govenor setting
Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

A good 72volt setup will perform circles around that cart. You could probably outpull two of those with a good setup. Plus you have the unique factor and a silent monster...Of course I am partial to a sparkie, you could big block a gasser but you already have the initial investment of the electric cart. There is no comparison in a stock or slightly modified gas cart to a 72volt built sparkie.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

sweet buddy, thanks thats what I wanted to hear. besides these guys here. usually offer some pretty good deals. but if I am doing all of this, should I switch from a DCS
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

I just looked at the cart in link. I love how guys add a lift and paint and call a cart a monster. Personally I prefer performance first, then cosmetics. Most people will look at that though thinking it is cool, if they only knew......
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

yes but most of the time, looks sells carts. Its part of that keeping upwith the Jones, I rather kick there a-$$ with my electric. and all the other electrics also. At my campground.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
sweet buddy, thanks thats what I wanted to hear. besides these guys here. usually offer some pretty good deals. but if I am doing all of this, should I switch from a DCS
To my knowledge noone makes a 72v controller for a dcs. I think everything listed is what you would need to convert to series. You could sell your charger and possibly motor to recoup some funds. I wouldn't sell a used controller, find someone who needs one and give it to them.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

so what you sent me will convert me to series with some work.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

What I posted in my first reply should be everything needed to convert to a series cart. You can either add a complete forward reverse switch or use a double pole reversing contactor so you can figure in the cost of either. Again, my prices could be a little off, maybe ScottyB can chime in here and give some better numbers??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO