lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2024, 08:17 AM   #41
nydockingpilot
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO Elite Samsung SDI Batteries

Here in SW Florida, I bought my 2020 S4 2.0 Elite from my neighbor at the of the 21’ season when they upgraded to an S6. $11,250. I think it had 6 or 700 hours at the time.
Only driven on the cart sidewalks seasonal in our community.
When I got it top speed was 17mph. The EZGO dealer said for some reason the factory delivered them this way but he would find out how to increase it. He called me one dsy said drive it over ( dealer down the street). I watched him connect a EZGO handheld device, then connect, believe it or not, a Club Car handheld device. Made changes, unplugged the device, jumped in my cart and took off. Came back smiling. My cart now was able to cruise at exactly 20mph which is what it should have been from the factory.
Plenty fast enough for what we use it for, basically taking to the pool or clubhouse.
Now a question regarding range for anyone that might know.
Flat, concrete surface heres my range according to the SOC meter.
Again if anyone knows, how accurate is this meter and is this distance and resulting remaining charge “about” normal ?
I store the cart in my garage at about 50% from April to January.
Thanks fellas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4919.jpg (57.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4925.jpeg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
nydockingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2024, 11:42 AM   #42
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydockingpilot View Post
Here in SW Florida, I bought my 2020 S4 2.0 Elite from my neighbor at the of the 21’ season when they upgraded to an S6. $11,250. I think it had 6 or 700 hours at the time.
Only driven on the cart sidewalks seasonal in our community.
When I got it top speed was 17mph. The EZGO dealer said for some reason the factory delivered them this way but he would find out how to increase it. He called me one dsy said drive it over ( dealer down the street). I watched him connect a EZGO handheld device, then connect, believe it or not, a Club Car handheld device. Made changes, unplugged the device, jumped in my cart and took off. Came back smiling. My cart now was able to cruise at exactly 20mph which is what it should have been from the factory.
Plenty fast enough for what we use it for, basically taking to the pool or clubhouse.
Now a question regarding range for anyone that might know.
Flat, concrete surface heres my range according to the SOC meter.
Again if anyone knows, how accurate is this meter and is this distance and resulting remaining charge “about” normal ?
I store the cart in my garage at about 50% from April to January.
Thanks fellas.
That fuel gauge meter isn't great. It's accurate in the sense that the BMS knows exactly what the SOC is, so if you hooked up the 1313 handset you could see what % SOC you have. But the needle position on the meter doesn't actually hit the right positions. Best thing to do is take a sharpie and mark the needle position when at 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, 0% SOC as reported by the 1313 handset. Now you have a calibrated fuel gauge.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 03:30 PM   #43
nydockingpilot
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
That fuel gauge meter isn't great. It's accurate in the sense that the BMS knows exactly what the SOC is, so if you hooked up the 1313 handset you could see what % SOC you have. But the needle position on the meter doesn't actually hit the right positions. Best thing to do is take a sharpie and mark the needle position when at 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, 0% SOC as reported by the 1313 handset. Now you have a calibrated fuel gauge.
Will do
Old 02-06-2024, 05:03 PM   #44
nydockingpilot
Not Yet Wild

Im also wondering if that range is about normal and what I should expect from the 2.0?
Old 02-06-2024, 10:28 PM   #45
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Im also wondering if that range is about normal and what I should expect from the 2.0?
Really depends on the terrain and how many passengers you carry. Did you run the battery to 0% though? The point at which the cart just won't drive?
Old 02-07-2024, 07:27 AM   #46
nydockingpilot
Not Yet Wild

Flat ground, concrete paths, just myself.
I stopped at just below 1/4 charge left. About where I indicated with the red line i put in the meter pic.
At that point the cart was running normally I just didn’t want to get stuck with a dead battery and have to push home. Lol
Old 02-07-2024, 09:06 AM   #47
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewATL View Post
Forgot to mention- on ezgo site it says 56v. Stickers on battery sat 48v.

Even with all the bad information- I would still pick the ezgo elite. Just weird that their website is so inaccurate. I think you will be happy with the S4 elite.
The SOC meters on lithium carts are often lacking in accuracy, it also matters whether the cart has been sitting or being used at the time the gauge is being read.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:44 AM   #48
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Flat ground, concrete paths, just myself.
I stopped at just below 1/4 charge left. About where I indicated with the red line i put in the meter pic.
At that point the cart was running normally I just didn’t want to get stuck with a dead battery and have to push home. Lol
Once you hook up the handset, you'll probably find you have more than 25% SOC even though the needle points to 1/4.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM   #49
nydockingpilot
Not Yet Wild

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO