lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2022, 01:53 PM   #11
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 Marthon Build Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by five5cooks View Post
Couple of images from todays adventure. New outer rails and supports welded on. I have to admit, this welding thing is a pretty cool trick. Used 2x2 angle welded the the frame for the supports and then 1x1 angle to run the length. I am assuming I got this done correctly since I was able to pick the cart up by the supports. I also welded an extra tab at the end to help secure the body once it is back on. I am thinking the TXT body will need some trimming to fit on the Marathon frame. My spring hangers are hitting on the back end where the well drops in-between the frame.
Looks great! Looking forward to seeing what it will take for the TXT to bolt up.
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2022, 06:48 PM   #12
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Put in a few hours behind the grinder and welder today after work. Got the passenger side welded up today and a quick coat of primer. Next step is going to be welding up the seat supports. I did notice that the dust boot on the steering linkage is split and will need to be replaced. I considered replacing the entire assembly, but I think I will wait on that one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2445.jpg (311.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2447.jpg (316.1 KB, 0 views)
five5cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:42 AM   #13
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The search for a TXT instrument panel has been a struggle. These things seem to be few and far between out in the wild. Finally found a new one to order that wasn’t crazy expensive. Let’s see how long it takes for this to get here.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #14
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking good! Gonna last another 30 years!
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:25 PM   #15
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Started welding up seat supports for the new TXT body, this is going to be an exercise in creative innovation. I changed my mind on using the pot box attached to the the original throttle and instead have decided to use a new electronic throttle pedal from Cloud Electric. It states that it is compatible with the Alltrax Controller and looks like it will be a better option. Started making a list of parts I have in already and the things left that I need to order. Hopefully this will help keep track of what parts I am still waiting on.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:18 PM   #16
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good man going to a TXT instead of the marathon
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:13 AM   #17
jroftx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is awesome!! Please post lots of pics for us. Thanks for posting very helpful
jroftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #18
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Picked up a new rear seat assembly from a local dealer for a steal. After riding through the campground this afternoon and checking out all of the different carts. I was contemplating the time I would spend behind the welder to build my own version, and decided this was more cost effective. My only concern now is about exactly how the fitment will be since the under frame is really a Marathon. I guess we will cross that bridge in a few days. Pictures coming soon.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #19
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Logged a few more hours on the cart today with the help of my son. We installed the rear shocks and swapped out the bolts for the rear springs with Grade 8's. It is probably overkill, but for some reason I feel better with those instead of reusing the vintage hardware that we took out. We also welded on the cross bars for the front seat support. I am pretty sure that this element is over engineered for its function. Getting ready to tackle the seat back supports. I am guessing that this is where things will begin to get a little odd with the differences between the TXT and the Marathon. The marathon has a welded vertical channel that was used for the support, from what I have seen the TXT looks like its support bolted to the frame?

I am thinking that this will probably get corrected with a piece of 3inch angle or tubular steel on each side of the frame to use for attachment points. I guess I could use some input on how to tackle this issue moving forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460.jpg (294.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2461.jpg (249.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2463.jpg (276.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2465.jpg (288.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-05-2022, 02:13 PM   #20
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This build is finally beginning to pick up a little bit of speed as parts begin to arrive. Today I received a nice package from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited with a new SR48500 and matching 400A solenoid. That along with the 48/12v voltage convertor from another vendor means that we are one step closer to getting this thing back together! I checked with D&D this morning and the motor will ship this week and The Cart Depot sent a notification that the new dash insert is out the door today.

This morning I tackled the supports for the setback and rear seat assembly. The grinder and saws all made quick work of the old vertical supports, leveling them with the frame. Marked my new bolt location for the front bolts and got that drilled allowing me to locate the location for the rear support. I sliced two sections of 2 inch angle 3 inches long and welded those perpendicular to the frame. That should provide plenty of support for the seat supports. I still need to drill those, but that can hold off until in the morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2468.jpg (155.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2469.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2470.jpg (164.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO