lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2022, 07:19 AM   #11
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Default Re: KF92 engine will not get up to speed

Thanks to everyone for the help. The cart was running fine, then all of a sudden it lost speed but was able to " limp" it home . Ever since then since then it will run , but with very little RPM. I got very busy the last two weeks so have not worked on the cart - getting back to work on the cart shortly. Will try the governor rod adjustment. All you guys are awesome. Thank you . Will for sure let you know what I find out .
Copperman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2022, 07:27 AM   #12
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Thanks to all for the help and advice. I got very busy the last two weeks and am just starting to work on the cart again . It ran good for a long time and then it just lost power and had minimal RPM. It will run , but again. very little RPM. I will try the governor linkage adjustment first. Thanks to everybody for trying to help. You are awesome. I will for sure let you know what I find out .
Old 05-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Are you 100% positive the engine is actually running, and it’s not just the starter turning the engine over?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 07:00 AM   #14
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Well, the cart will move and keep moving , just at a very low speed and a very low RPM.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:48 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Going by your last post, I don’t think it’s actually running.

Let’s start with the basics. Pull the spark plug, hold it against metal and spin the engine over. Make sure it sparks and that the spark is bright and blue in color. Yellow is not acceptable.

Do a compression test. Should have 100psi or right around it.

Judging by your description I don’t think you’ll have a fuel issue. When fuel issues occur it is seldom if ever an instantaneous complete failure like this.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:12 AM   #16
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Just getting back to the cart. The governor rod is bent and carb linkage end wont stay in linkage. will turn over fine , but will not start now. Does anyone have a governor rod for this engine /cart ? I gotta believe there are a few around .Thanks.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #17
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Spark is good , new fuel pump ( China knock off ) guess will check that now. was starting fine , now just turns over . these old carts sometimes are one problem after another.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:04 AM   #18
Copperman61
Gone Wild

ok, pulled main fuel line ,engine started. reconnected fuel line and cart runs ( vapor lock ?) still runs at idle speed . I am hoping to get a better governor rod to replace the bent one with .
Old 06-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If the carb linkage is bent, then it’s either going to keep the carb held open, or it’s not going to open at all.

If it won’t open at all then that’s obviously an issue.

If it’s holding the throttle open the. It’s going to be very difficult, if not impossible to start.

If you know the governor linkage is an issue I’d start there and make that right before diving off into anything else.

You can try disconnecting the governor/throttle linkage and step on the pedal, slowly actuate the carb butterfly by hand and see if that helps
Old 06-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #20
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Thanks CP , governor rod is def. bent. That is an issue i'm sure.will chech carb linkage and those tests that you mentioned.You seem to think that it is not starting at all - maybe you are correct and I just think it is running .Howthe hell do i know for sure? it will move around for as long as I want it too ( just with not much RPM.Appreciate the help .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car