lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
nklein
Not Yet Wild

Default FE290 Performance Parts help

Hello,
I picked up a FE290 for cheap that was pulled for a big block. The guy I got it from said it's running good but starting to sip on some oil. I figured before I drop it in a cart Id rebuild it. So the question is anyone knows of a big-bore kit for it and where I could get one. Also, any other recommendations on getting a little more power from it would be great. Please List the parts or locations I can get them.
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: FE290 Performance Parts help

Kawasaki would be the best place to get them.
Pats Small Engine has good prices on OEM Kawasaki parts. Sells oversize piston and ring kits, and gasket kits that do the entire engine.
As for extra power, mostly the only things you can do are open up the exhaust a little bit, put a slightly larger main jet in the carb and use proper clutching to keep the right power band.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: FE290 Performance Parts help

Agree with FT. Not much you can do to make them more powerful. It’s a wood chipper engine essentially. But IMO they make plenty of power to roll a golf cart around no problem.

I usually get my parts from partzilla. They’ve got good prices and generally will always have it in stock. I don’t know if they still do it, but it used to be a flat $6.99 fee or something for expedited shipping on the entire order.

Check out the fe290 rebuild thread in the sticky section here. One of the later pages I put a list of all the oem Kawasaki part numbers so you know what to search for.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car