lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2022, 01:01 PM   #1
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 EZGO 36v Series TXT

I recently upgraded the motor to a Plum Quick Sorcerer Motor, upgraded the controller and to the SW202 from Scotty. Of course getting it ready for the 48v conversion one day when my 36v batteries die. I was just calling around today to get the prices of Eco batteries and the shop asked if I upgraded the wire harness to go to 48v. Is that necessary?
O1PewterWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2022, 01:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZGO 36v Series TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by O1PewterWS6 View Post
I recently upgraded the motor to a Plum Quick Sorcerer Motor, upgraded the controller and to the SW202 from Scotty. Of course getting it ready for the 48v conversion one day when my 36v batteries die. I was just calling around today to get the prices of Eco batteries and the shop asked if I upgraded the wire harness to go to 48v. Is that necessary?
My reply to your email...
A 36v series cart can use the SAME original wire harness for 36 or 48 volts.
Your guy is unaware of what we do here. The amperage in 48v is actually lower than 36v.
Therefore all the wiring for 36v is rated for 48 volts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:34 PM   #3
Noodleokla
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb, not to hijack 01pewters thread, you seem to be the man on this forum, but what are these guys doing to get 30 to 35 mph out of these carts? I have a 2002 ezgo txt series cart with a Navitas 440 controller, and I am about to place an order for the PQ Cobra, but they are stating it will maybe get up to 25 mph. Mine has a small lift and I have 13in tires (I believe) Just not happy with the uphill speed I have right now, thanks Andy
Noodleokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:14 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

13 inch tires 😆 I hope that's a typo! If not that would be your problem right there!

I hope you mean 13 inch wheels/rims.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:55 AM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Noodleokla, it would be best to start a new thread with your question. To answer your question, if you currently are running 36 volts and increase you will get a 33% increase in speed plus more torque. Now if you have 13” tires as you say then your torque would increase but speed would be reduced. Tire height is more important in the equation. Take a level and set it on the top of a rear tire and measure from the bottom of the tire to the ground, this will give you accurate tire height.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #6
Noodleokla
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the reply Lenny, I will check my actual tire and rim size and then I will start a new thread, I thought by upgrading my controller, it would give me a little more speed, but I have since learned that the motor gives you the speed.
Noodleokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO