lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2022, 03:51 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: replacement clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve got a post in here somewhere as well taking apart an oem 97+ and an oem from my 93 when I removed it, and could not tell any discernible difference between the two. Looked to have the same springs, weights and counterweights same orientation, etc. I’m sure there is SOME type of difference but I don’t know what that is. Maybe spring tension or something…
There is a small difference inside. There are little metal clips under the buttons that are mounted directionally based on the rotation. That being said, like you, I put a 1997-up drive clutch in an older, counterclockwise cart without bothering to flip the metal clips the opposite way, and it ran just fine. Then a year or so later I took the clutch off for an unrelated reason and just thought "hey while I have this off, I might as well just flip these metal clips". So I did...and it made no difference whatsoever to performance or operation.

Here's my video explaining the button clip position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2qwBPEjvg
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car