lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
johnquick302
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: rattling noise on my club car

old thread but finally fixed the issue. a buddy of mine got me both clutches. put the engine clutch on first and the noise went away when you reved it up with the belt off. drove it and it still made a noise but not as bad so i put the other clutch on it and now its perfect. no noise at all sounds great.
johnquick302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks for the update, i think thats what a few of us said ..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

hmmm... makes me wonder if I replaced my bad driven clutch with a slightly-less-bad driven clutch? It LOOKED new, but this wouldn't be my first eBay burn.
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

key word.....e-bay.........honestly it wouldn,t surprise me if you got a bad one from there and if yours is still making noise its quite possible you did get one that was going....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'm having this rattling issue with my '87 Club Car. Never noticed the sound until I got finally took my cart out to a local campground where I could run it out full speed for more than 50 feet. I'll have to check out my clutches to see if I'm having the same issue as John. I'm going to get it up on jackstands and see if I can't recreate/isolate the sound with and without the belt.

On the plus side the cart is nice and fast (even with governor in place) since I rebuilt the motor, just has the annoying rattling sound that's all.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

*See edit below*

I went out to my cart right and right away I started moving the driven clutch by hand and it made a sound that I could easily see matching the rattling sound I'm hearing when I get up to speed. Can anyone be a pal and go out to their Club Car and do what I'm doing in this video and tell me if it should sound like this?

*Edit* Nevermind this post, the noise was the idler bearing on the drive clutch, once the belt was removed the sound went away.

Last edited by Springbok; 09-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: reason for post became irrelevant
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

edit... that's what I thought!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Well...three hours later...it's not the clutches. It sounds like it's coming from the motor...

I've pulled the motor out again and will be getting into it shortly to find out what the issue is. Sounds like a loose rod. I surely didn't expect this. I torqued down the rod bolts to spec and used red loc-tite during assembly. The journal on the crank I used seemed undamaged, but maybe it was out-of-round?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Wait... WHAT???

The noise in your video is definitely NOT coming from your engine, because it's not running!!

You need to slow down... step away from the cart... and wait for more suggestions!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The rattle is probably a rod knock, mine has done it for years now, loudest when no load on the engine, also much louder when hot compaired to cold. The squeek could be trans low on oil, or generater bracket bolt came loose and rubbing on the back side of the drive clutch, seen that one before
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car