lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2023, 06:26 PM   #1
kidroc2133
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Emerge motor problems

Ok so I bought this emerge from someone, test drove it ran fine. Used it for about a year and then the motor started smelling real bad and just stopped working. It sat for about a year decided to take the motor out and apart and seen the brushes was burnt up. I purchased a new motor for it put it in and all was well for about 30 mins and now it's trying to do the same thing. Motor gets really hot and smells like before. I won't run this thing anymore until I fine out what the problem is but I just can't figure it out. Also on the controller the f1 and f2 are hooked up on the motor the same f1 to f2 but when I do that foward is reverse and reverse is foward. So I had to switch them. Why is that? Please if you can help I'm all ears. Thanks.
kidroc2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2023, 07:37 PM   #2
kidroc2133
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge motor problems

Also just noticed today I have a code 12 controller over current.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:06 PM   #3
kidroc2133
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge motor problems

can the controller going over current be the reason the motor is getting extremely hot and that may have cause the motor I took out be the reason the brushes was all burnt up?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin