lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
mike marshall
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 gas ezgo clutch

It takes a lot of rpm before my 89 stock gas ezgo catches then moves, unable to give a small amt of gas and take off slow ,what needs adjusting/cleaned or replaced?
tell me what to do and how if it requires a lot of tear down. I have a lot of mechanical ability so help me any way you can.
thanks
mike
mike marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
turbosundance
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 gas ezgo clutch

You will likely want to just replace the clutch at this point. That will require the tool to remove the clutch and a new clutch. An impact gun would be handy too.
turbosundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
mike marshall
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info
Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
turbosundance
Not Yet Wild

The secondary clutch can be disassembled and serviced but the primary should be replaced - unless it is a comet clutch which can be rebuilt.
turbosundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum mike marshall......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Goat53
Gone Wild

Mike what is the condition of your drive belt , sometimes a worn belt can cause eratic behavior from the driveline .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
mike marshall
Not Yet Wild

the belt look good,its just that i recently was at a golf corse and they use electric ezgo carts and as soon as you give it gas it goes ,ours you have to give a lot more gas and the clutch moves over tightens the bet jerks a bit and goes,its hard to start off slow.
thanks for all the assistance
mike
Old 11-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

You want to adjust the micro switch so that the ignition comes on as soon as the carb starts to open, you sound like your throttle is half open when the ignition comes on. That is what I've seen give a jerk start. Every cart I've had needed adjustment for this very reason. Properly set, it will run without pulling and smoothly accelerate when you give it a little more throttle. This is a quick easy adjustment of the big headed switch bolt. Do it with the key off, you can hear the click, set it to click the same time your carb linkage begins to move or slightly before. Watch the butterfly lever on top of the carb as you move the petal. Will fix your problem unless your low speed jet is clogged and not letting it run until you get beyond it. Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike marshall View Post
the belt look good,its just that i recently was at a golf corse and they use electric ezgo carts and as soon as you give it gas it goes ,ours you have to give a lot more gas and the clutch moves over tightens the bet jerks a bit and goes,its hard to start off slow.
thanks for all the assistance
mike
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO