lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with Hyndai Electric Cart - Solenoid

Need some advice on what's wrong here. Have a an old Hyundai electric cart. Was working fine then stopped. Keep long story short here.

Turning it on and into gear and hitting gas gave you nothing, no clicks or anything.
Bypassing the Solenoid with a screwdriver, it took and off worked fine.
I ordered and installed a new Solenoid, seems the exact one is no longer made, but it's what the website recommended. I put the new one in, wired the the same exact way, and I get nothing, dead. I tried to bypass the new one with a screwdriver, and I still get Nothing. Could something be hooked up wrong, even though I matched the wire for wire? Did something else trip? I have no experience and just getting into this, Thank You!
It is 36v if that helps, batteries are good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solenoice.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
scott8175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Help with Hyndai Electric Cart - Solenoid

Your photos are too small to see what is going on with your wiring ... perhaps repost the original separate photos.

Are you getting activation voltage across the two small post of the solenoid when you turn your key switch on and push the accelerator? With the key switch off or no accelerator pedal, there should be no voltage across the two small posts. With the switch on and the accelerator pushed, you should see activation voltage (36 volt or what ever your cart is wired for).

Also check from each large solenoid post to your battery pack main negative for voltage with the key switch on and the key switch off and accelerator pedal pushed.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

will try those things, thanks...gonna try to post better pics
Old 11-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

better pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201119_123617.jpg (229.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201119_164522.jpg (225.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8175 View Post
better pics
It is hard to tell from the photo but it looks like your connections to the large solenoid posts could possibly be wrong. Best practice to avoid high resistance and over heating is to have the highest amperage connectors (i.e. cables) on the bottom in direct contact with the solenoid post. Stack the other connectors above the high amp cables in order of expected amperage (highest on bottom to lowest amperage on top). No washers should be used in this stack up to avoid extra resistance. One washer can be used (optional) above the connector stack and below the nut.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
It is hard to tell from the photo but it looks like your connections to the large solenoid posts could possibly be wrong. Best practice to avoid high resistance and over heating is to have the highest amperage connectors (i.e. cables) on the bottom in direct contact with the solenoid post. Stack the other connectors above the high amp cables in order of expected amperage (highest on bottom to lowest amperage on top). No washers should be used in this stack up to avoid extra resistance. One washer can be used (optional) above the connector stack and below the nut.
Thank you! I will do that as well
Old 11-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #7
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Your photos are too small to see what is going on with your wiring ... perhaps repost the original separate photos.

Are you getting activation voltage across the two small post of the solenoid when you turn your key switch on and push the accelerator? With the key switch off or no accelerator pedal, there should be no voltage across the two small posts. With the switch on and the accelerator pushed, you should see activation voltage (36 volt or what ever your cart is wired for).

Also check from each large solenoid post to your battery pack main negative for voltage with the key switch on and the key switch off and accelerator pedal pushed.
So I tested voltage on the small posts, key turned on, in F and pushed accelerator...got ZERO volts...so nothing is getting to the solenoid. Not sure what would have changed
Old 11-29-2020, 10:36 PM   #8
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Do you have an electrical diagram for your cart that you can post?
Old 11-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #9
scott8175
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you have an electrical diagram for your cart that you can post?
this appears to be it
Old 11-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can clearly see the diode in your picture is backwards.

The stripe on the diode should be on the same small terminal as the Positive activation wire.

The micro switch in the pot box and possibly the diode are damaged by now and should be replaced.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts