lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
mike marshall
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 gas ezgo clutch

I found the switch but the adjusting nut is frozze up will try to heat tomarrow there is a lot of travel from the click to the butterfly movement ,also a lot of slop in the spring loaded device the cable attaches to. what is apropper adjustment of the spring loaded device ?
thanks
mike
mike marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

Mike I believe there is a jam nut on the big headed bolt. Loosen it first, as the bolt is threaded also in the holding bracket. I'm not sure about the spring thing you mention. If you have a click before the butterfly moves that's ok, your problem would be that the low speed jet is clogged or something else in the carb not right. Picture that the engine should get fire when it clicks, so if you are having a jerk start, your engine may not be running until you have the carb way open. Where was the switch? Woody
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #13
mike marshall
Not Yet Wild

below the big fat muffler, the cable goes to device that has a small coil spring that has a adjustmect rod attached then the linkage goes to the car
thanks
mike marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

I have one of those carts with the big muffler, I'll look at it tomorrow and see what the springy thingy is doing, and let you know what I think..... Put some penetrating oil or wd40 on the whole area, it'll help with any adjustment it may need..... Woody
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO