lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 TXT 36V Advice

I'm considering lease/purchasing 20 2006 TXT 36V golf cars. I run a flat 9 hole golf course and have used club car in the past. These seem to be the best deal right now for me but I've never used ezgo. These cars already have 3 years on the batteries.

I was just wondering from ezgo owners their views on these golf cars in the long run. My objective is to purchase these and use them for at least 4-6years. I will be maintaining them and am of course concerned about the quality of any golf car that I would get. Thanks for your time.
Wazzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 TXT 36V Advice

If they already have 3 years on the batteries you'll probly end up replacing them before long. Then again a 9 hole shouldn't be too hard on the batteries. If it were me I would maintain a strict battery maintainence program....you may be able to nurse them for 4 more years...."maybe". Might be a good thing to have a certified tech check ALL of the batteries and report any blems.

As far a being a good reliable cart the ezgo's are great, parts are readily available and seem to be cheaper. If your counting pennies a 48 volt cart will be more efficient in both run time and charging...that being said the parts cost to maintain a 48 volt cart (yamaha or club car) may counter the savings in electricity.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the thoughts.... I'm hoping to get 2 more years out of the batteries before having to deal with them. As long as I am able to rotate the cars as much as possible.

Is there an easy way to get distilled water in large amounts or a system that isn't too expensive to purchase that can keep them filled other than eyeing them to see if you have the right amount in?

Thanks for your comments.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Wazzey..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You will NOT get much more life out of those batteries. I built, managed and maintained golf courses for 26 years - 3 years is PAST TIME for replacement of a fleet that gets used daily. I'm sure there are those that will want to argue about this, but here is your real life gauge for batteries: Homeowners - 5 or 6 years from batteries, Golf courses - 18 months to 3 years on batteries. If you are a golf course, you should talk straight to an EZGO Factory rep for your carts. I guarantee that a Factory Branch can get you carts WITH new batteries and a warranty. Just lease the 'second generation' carts. Your overall maintenence costs will be less with a 36 volt EZGO over a 48 volt anythng else...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty View Post
Welcome to the forum Wazzey..............
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
You will NOT get much more life out of those batteries. I built, managed and maintained golf courses for 26 years - 3 years is PAST TIME for replacement of a fleet that gets used daily. I'm sure there are those that will want to argue about this, but here is your real life gauge for batteries: Homeowners - 5 or 6 years from batteries, Golf courses - 18 months to 3 years on batteries. If you are a golf course, you should talk straight to an EZGO Factory rep for your carts. I guarantee that a Factory Branch can get you carts WITH new batteries and a warranty. Just lease the 'second generation' carts. Your overall maintenence costs will be less with a 36 volt EZGO over a 48 volt anythng else...
Appreciate the info... I will definitely be extending more concerns to whom I am purchasing them. I've gotten 3 different quotes from 3 different places and they all have their pros and cons. The 02 club cars that i have now made it up until this year and they are all in need of battery change. The experience with the ones I have were the reason I was hoping to get more than the 3 years.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where are you located? PM me your quotes, I'll tell you if your getting a deal or not.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO