lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 02:36 AM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Arrow 24mm 3 Circuit Clone Carburetor Maximized

We all agree -- the better a clone breathes the better it runs. After all the money I've spent on carburetors I decided to keep it as simple as I could. I bought a 24mm carb from Vegas that I could modify as much as possible an still have it for all round use. You can see how restricted the stock car with the choke is. There's a large flat spot on the bottom of picture 6163. The throat has been opened up to fit the velocity and the choke has been removed in picture 6162.
I modded the emulsion tube at the top to about 45 degrees. This may help when the air speed slows as it doesn't have to lift the fuel as high as if weren't cut. At the same time I'm hoping this idea will help the overall drive ability using this carburetor. At this time I bought a primer pump bubble to aid in cold starting. i'm working on an idea of a enriching device to aid in cold starting if the pump doesn't work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6163.JPG (230.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6162.JPG (234.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6153.JPG (235.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6158.JPG (243.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg Primer Pump.jpeg (10.8 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 24mm 3 Circuit Clone Carburetor Maximized

On another project I used an electric fuel pump with a momentary switch shooting fuel into the carb throat.I did try a primer bulb first but this did not work well enough for me. The electric priming circuit work great. Luckily with using your EXP-S carb with the S/G starting system this was not needed on my cart. She fired up in 18 degree weather the other day. Boy you sure did open that carb up.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Boy you sure did open that carb up.
Yes - it's been opened up to fit the velocity stack shown in the picture. I see starting to be a problem without the choke. My toy starts hard when cold, it's tuned to operate properly when warm. Runs great after its warm. I have a primer bubble pump to feed it with when its cold.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wow nice work on that!

That is one advantage a pumper carb has, it starts better in the cold. Yes primer bulb should do it, old sleds had them they worked great.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:32 PM   #5
felipenardo
Not Yet Wild

I bought one of these carburetors. Tried to remove the epoxi with acetone, but no luck, so I gave up and decided to install it anyway.

I put on my lightly modified Gx390 and the carb was perfect out of the box. The fires on the first pull (even in a very cold day) and it accelerates faster and no surging ! Really happy with the results
felipenardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The adjustable main jet is a simple part swap requiring no other mods. That can add a lot of power when teamed up with some air flow improvements.
Old 06-22-2023, 01:25 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps