lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
mafialink
Getting Wild

Default Looking for a new Lithium Pack

Looking to replace my Samsung SDI lithium pack with something that has more runtime. Anyone out there that sell them?
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
Colby636
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for a new Lithium Pack

If you end up doing this swap to another, I would be interested in your existing samsung pack when you pull it out. Or if anyone that does sell the samsung lithium packs reads this, I'm looking to upgrade mine from a 2.0 to 4.0
Colby636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought the Samsung Lithium was proprietary EZGO for TXT and RXV Elite. I am pretty sure you cannot just replace that lithium pack with anything aftermarket. Your only choice for more run time is a second pack from EZGO.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
dronning
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I thought the Samsung Lithium was proprietary EZGO for TXT and RXV Elite. I am pretty sure you cannot just replace that lithium pack with anything aftermarket. Your only choice for more run time is a second pack from EZGO.
+1 The controller is programmed to pull info from the Samsung BMS. I'm pretty sure you would have to either get a new controller or at the very least have it reprogrammed - if possible.

You most likely have a 2.0 which gives you 60Ah you can add up to 2 more 30Ah modules/packs for a total of 120Ah.

- Dave

From the EZGO website
================================================
The Samsung SDI Lithium batteries are actually a modular design consisting of modules of batteries with each module rated at 56 Volts, 30 Ampere hour (Ah) capacity.

The lowest battery configuration offering is an ELiTE 2.0 which presumably means two 30 Ah modules, since the 2.0 configuration contains two 56Volt, 30 Ah Modules cabled in parallel for a combined 56 Volts, 60 Ahs.

The 3.0 configuration contains three 30 Ah modules for a combined 90 Ahs.

The 4.0, contains four 30 Ah modules for a combined 120 Ahs. The 4.0 is currently the largest configuration offered.

The ELiTE is different from the RXV 48V Electric in that it actually provides 56 Volts to the AC motor rather than 48 volts.
dronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Does anyone make a good aftermarket controller for RXV that you can program like an Alltrax?
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Does anyone make a good aftermarket controller for RXV that you can program like an Alltrax?
https://www.navitasvs.com/tac2

or a curtis with the programming software.
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Besides needing a new RXV Curtis 350A controller (or older stock Curtis model) to work with aftermarket lithium packs, I would recommend replacing the wiring harness as well to rid any gremlins associated with the Samsung/EZGO lithium packs. Until either Usgicollector or Bob comments on the need for it. IMHO
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:22 AM   #8
schustertj
Not Yet Wild

Colby636
Did you ever find a place to purchase the extra Samsung batteries? If so were you successful with the upgrade? I just purchased a 2017 RXV and would like to go from 2 to 4 batteries.

Last edited by schustertj; 05-31-2023 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Address specific user
schustertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:43 AM   #9
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Probably expensive, but you could order new lithium batteries from EZGO as service parts to upgrade from 2.0 to 4.0 elite configuration. There is a small cable to plug one pack into the other to daisy chain them.
Also keep a watch on eBay if parts ever pop up.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #10
schustertj
Not Yet Wild

Any concerns with adding new batteries to 6year old batteries?
Do you have to order a new BMI cable to go from 2 to 4 banks? (120Ah) PN 651962
Has anyone confirmed if any programming is required or is it plug and play?
schustertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO