lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
Doogie11
Not Yet Wild

Default Removing brake cable from pedal assembly

Hi everyone. I have a 2011 G29 (gas) that I bought from an auction of a closing golf course a year or so ago. It suddenly wouldn’t go forward when stepping on the gas. Long story short I found a structural failure in the pedal assembly in the part that holds the throttle cable. The holder of the throttle cable literally snapped off.

Today I picked up the new pedal assembly from my local Yamaha dealer. Once I got over the sticker shock of the part I looked to install it. My question is: How do I get the brake cable out of the slot that it goes through in the pedal assembly? The crotter pin and metal pin were easily removed and I have WD40 sitting on all the bolts to try and loosen them up.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to modding the cart this year.
Doogie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Doogie11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Removing brake cable from pedal assembly

I figured it out. I had to thread off the nut closest to the pin all the way and then pull on the cable a bit to expose a skinny section. At that point I could pull it through the slot in the pedal assembly.
Doogie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #3
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Removing brake cable from pedal assembly

Welcome to BGW and glad you got it disassembled.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, cable, g29
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha