lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2022, 09:16 AM   #1
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 81 CC DS 36V Turbo switch

Hello my gone wild brothers,

I bought and old 81 club car ds 36V resistor cart just to use around the house to clean and get around the property. I replaced all solenoids and micro switches and even took all speed sensors out of box and replaced them. Cart is running as it should for a resistor stock cart. It has the Hitachi stock motor in it I believe its 2.5 HP maybe. Any way I was on a Club Car page just getting some ideas on resistor carts. I came across a post where this guy said he added another solenoid, switch and field coil to get more power. This is his quote " You put in an additional 36 volt solenoid with the field coil activated by a micro switch at the full speed position. The main coils will have 36 inches of 8 ga wire, with these attached to the F1 and F2 / S1 S2 field coil on the motor. When at full speed, you activate the secondary solenoid, which reduces the resistance of the motor field coil,". Has anyone done this or heard of this being done with out any safety issues. Not crazy about catching my butt on fire..
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 81 CC DS 36V Turbo switch

Do more research. See how many motors were wrecked using this old school speed upgrade.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I worked on a cart for a guy a few years ago that didn’t run. When I got it into my shop, I discovered a previous owner had implemented some kind of field weakening solenoid, and the whole thing had melted down. I was shocked the controller wasn’t fried- several of the cables were melted to the motor case.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guy's that answered all my questions. Definitely a no go
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36volt, club car ds, electric, resistor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car