lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2022, 11:25 AM   #1
Macman
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent runs erratically

I'm just back from a two week trip overseas. While I was gone my pet carer was using my cart. She had to park it cause she said it would not charge. reported it would run then stop unexpectedly, Run, then stop unexpectedly. She tried charging it both at my house (usual connection) and at hers, but the cart would not charge.

Batteries and all new cables installed less than a year ago. I visually checked and all still look brand new. Checked water levels in batteries, also OK.

Charger is likely 8-10 years old. Cart was running and seemingly charging optimally prior to my leaving. I've printed the Charging system troubleshooting sticky to start that but wondered if these symptoms might point to a solenoid or charger, or OBC problem?

I've not tried to move the cart yet (just got home late yesterday). That will be my first step.

I'm leaving for another 2-week trip in a few days and need to get this fixed ASAP so the cart will be available for my pet carer again.

Suggestions?
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent runs erratically

Have you determined the reason for the cart working erratically is due to flat batteries or is that also an assumption at this point?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Very likely a bad OBC. Try resetting it. There is a sticky that tells you how to do that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #4
Macman
Not Yet Wild

Appears to have been a case of operator error. I turned on the LED headlight bar and it was plenty bright. Reverse buzzer nice and loud. Plugged in the charge and it kicked right on. Cart drove just fine.

My assumption, based on how I found the cart was the young lady taking care of my cats did not plug the charger in. By that I mean she didn't push the plug in hard enough for it to seat and engage. I can find nothing wrong with the cart.

Mo idea what the erratic running was unless perhaps the batteries were going flat cause they hadn't been charged after several days use. At any rate, all seems well enough.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car