lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2023, 09:22 AM   #1
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default txt 48v navitas 4K lithium ion conversion

hey guys i have a 96 ezgo marathon that i rebuilt changed the main wiring harness to txt 48v, added fly by wire txt throttle, Navitas 4K AC system, 400amp solenoid, very ctron 400amp bluetooth shunt, all 2 ga wires, and a 48v 100ahr Extreme team LiFePO4 battery pack.

Cart was running fine with the exception of navitas showing a fault if both fwd and rev wires were on the rocker switch (on opposite terminals) but if i leave the rev wire disconnected from the rocker switch it goes great, just have to remove fwd wire and replace with rev wire to backup. Any ideas?

Second the bms that came in the battery wasn’t connecting via bluetooth so i replaced it with a daly 100 16S bms and now i can see all the modules individually. but after i installed it took it for a drive and the cart shut off until i plugged it into the charger then the battery came back on. when for another test drive and it shut off again. wondering if i need to change some setting in the bms to prevent this shut down?
onebreath1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2023, 09:54 AM   #2
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: txt 48v navitas 4K lithium ion conversion

all pics in my profile
Old 04-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath1shot View Post
hey guys i have a 96 ezgo marathon that i rebuilt changed the main wiring harness to txt 48v, added fly by wire txt throttle, Navitas 4K AC system, 400amp solenoid, very ctron 400amp bluetooth shunt, all 2 ga wires, and a 48v 100ahr Extreme team LiFePO4 battery pack.

Cart was running fine with the exception of navitas showing a fault if both fwd and rev wires were on the rocker switch (on opposite terminals) but if i leave the rev wire disconnected from the rocker switch it goes great, just have to remove fwd wire and replace with rev wire to backup. Any ideas?

Second the bms that came in the battery wasn’t connecting via bluetooth so i replaced it with a daly 100 16S bms and now i can see all the modules individually. but after i installed it took it for a drive and the cart shut off until i plugged it into the charger then the battery came back on. when for another test drive and it shut off again. wondering if i need to change some setting in the bms to prevent this shut down?
a 100a daly bms is awfully small... wasnt the original ant bms extreme team used a 250a model? (I have that same ant bms btw and you needed a specific version of the ant bms app to reliably connect) the daly bms they used was also over 200 amps I believe.

Your likely tripping the over current on the bms but you bluetooth app should tell you that. I pull more than 100amps from my battery just taking off in my driveway..

the bms in your pics isnt a real daly... who knows if its really even rated for 100amps? The real daly 100ah bms only allows a current draw of over 100amps for 5 seconds before tripping the bms.

amp hours (ah) and amps are not the same thing... your pack may be a 100ah but I believe it was originally setup to output like 150-175amps continuous and not 100amps which is weak.. 100amps would work for a stock cart but not an aftermarket controller trying to chop that up to simulate 400amps output to the motor.
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:00 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your 100amp BMS is undersized. It's shutting down due to overcurrent when you try to go.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 03:42 PM   #5
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hey thanks guys ill get online and order larger bms any recommendations on size /brand? the og bms is all in chinese but it did have 3-8ga inputs and outputs
Old 04-22-2023, 03:57 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath1shot View Post
hey thanks guys ill get online and order larger bms any recommendations on size /brand? the og bms is all in chinese but it did have 3-8ga inputs and outputs
Since I have the original one you had.. I have the version app that works with it too if you want to give it another try.

I'm using this bms in my DIY pack currently and it works very well.
https://batteryhookup.com/products/7...ithium-ion-bms

I use it with this touchscreen interface..
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US
Old 04-22-2023, 07:01 PM   #7
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

guess that does away with the issue that apple ios no longer supports the app for that bms. and your using that w an ac navitas 6k system?
Old 04-22-2023, 07:01 PM   #8
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that is having the display screen
Old 04-22-2023, 11:15 PM   #9
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

you can buy the display screen for either the original ant bms your pack came with or the different display screen for the JBD bms I linked.. here is the one for the original bms that came in your battery. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

Apple limits a lot lot of things including the access and features on the jbd bms even though you have to buy the app compared to the free android versions.. but that a whole different ball of wax...
BTW... Ever compare prices when online shopping from an iphone vs a pc or android device? did you know using the iphone can cause the prices to be higher? Thats right they stereotype the typical iphone user and sometimes charge higher prices once they see your using an apple device...

im not using a navitas or ac but that has nothing to do with the conversation unless im missing something?
Old 06-03-2023, 07:30 PM   #10
onebreath1shot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so i put the original bms back in and not having any issues as of yet what is the app that you are using with it? i might end up buying the monitor screen for it if the app doesnt work

Tags
extreme team, lifepo4, navitas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO