lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2023, 04:26 PM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Evolution D3? Good ? Bad ? Ugly?

Hey members.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the Evolution D3? My wife is looking at a new cart. Our 2011 Garia Via 2+2 has developed a rear axle bearing issue. I am taking it to the local Garia service and getting an estimate. They say it takes a long time to get to get parts (surprise). My wife used the cart everyday, It has nearly 6K miles on it.

Looking at the Evolution D3 Lith. It is about $20K. Have not driven one yet. A new Via 2+2 like ours is $37K. $42K with Lith. I would be repairing our Garia if it was not for my back. Have trouble walking and working on floor is a no go.

Thank you in advance for any info on the D3.

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
MTOakey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Evolution D3? Good ? Bad ? Ugly?

You won't be unhappy with an EVolution D3 !!
MTOakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:24 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Got cart fixed. I had a chance to talk with salesman and drive an Evolution D3. Staying with our Garia. Guess just spoiled.

M
Old 06-07-2023, 09:38 AM   #4
MTOakey
Not Yet Wild

No prob, everyone has their own preferences, I would like to know your honest opinion of the comparison though, what major or minor differences do you find, what tipped the scale away from the D3 ?
Old 06-07-2023, 09:56 AM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

It looked nice in photos but I did not feel in person it was as high quality as I expected. Seats were not as comfortable to me as the Garia. Also I looked around at the large service center and most evolutions in service. Service advisor also avoided my questions for reliability. Glad to retain my Garia... Did not do a point for point comparison.

M
Old 06-07-2023, 10:30 AM   #6
MTOakey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I was just curious.
Enjoy your ride !!!
Old 06-09-2023, 01:14 PM   #7
JayLo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
Got cart fixed. I had a chance to talk with salesman and drive an Evolution D3. Staying with our Garia. Guess just spoiled.

M
M,

What was the issue with the drive axle? Was it constantly leaking from the bottom of the axle? Did you end up getting an entire new drive axle? I don't blame you for keeping the cart. They are solid! The new prices now are just insane for the same cart as the past.
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:01 PM   #8
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Bearings and seals. Oil was on the wheel and hubs were very warm. Gear case always leaks some. I wipe down every month. Also if you have excessive oil try replacing the vent cap.

M
Old 01-07-2024, 12:53 AM   #9
jbrianw
Not Yet Wild

First, thank you Mike (InVision) for the Garia thread. I have the opportunity to buy a 2019 Garia 6 seater at a decent price. I am new to the LSV world, and my problem is that the nearest Garia to drive is 4 hours away, and the one I am looking to purchase is 6 hours away. Sending a friend to look at it. Quick question - is the Garia REALLY that much more solid of a drive as advertised than anything else, or is it more of the amenities, look, seats etc. I drove a Evolution D5, Tomberlin, and Star Sirrius yesterday. All have some pros and cons, and it appears at first glance that the Garia addresses all of these.

I am a bit concerned about being able to get parts if I need them and wondering if the fact that Club Car bought them makes that easier now.

Thanks again for the threads - it has helped a bunch.
jbrianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 03:36 AM   #10
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I like the refinement and looks of Garia. I have never seen another Garia in our area which I really like. I find that some parts like the brake stop switch I could buy on Amazon. Since many of the parts are used on Ducati motorcycles. Tires are standard buggy etc ... I am not sure about the club car acquisition has changed anything, yet.

M
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts