lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2023, 12:02 AM   #1
yan.l
Getting Wild

Default 2005 CCP weird charger receptacle voltage

Hello I'm working on a 2005 CC Precedent 6x8v and I have unexpected voltage at the charger receptacle.
battery pack = 49v
charger receptacle red+ and gray wire (obc control) = 47v a little lower than battery pack as expected.
charger receptacle red+ and black- = 38v ??? why so low compared to battery pack? I looked and the red+ wire from the charging receptacle and it goes to the positive of battery 6, the same battery post I mesure the voltage of the battery pack. black- wire goes through obc and I assume to controller.

I compared with a 2013 CCP and the charger receptacle red+ and black- has about the same voltage as the battery pack as expected.

I didn't find any other treads describing this unexpected voltage.
can someone point me in the right direction?
yan.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2023, 04:51 PM   #2
yan.l
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2005 CCP weird charger receptacle voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan.l View Post
Hello I'm working on a 2005 CC Precedent 6x8v and I have unexpected voltage at the charger receptacle.
battery pack = 49v
charger receptacle red+ and gray wire (obc control) = 47v a little lower than battery pack as expected.
charger receptacle red+ and black- = 38v ??? why so low compared to battery pack? I looked and the red+ wire from the charging receptacle and it goes to the positive of battery 6, the same battery post I mesure the voltage of the battery pack. black- wire goes through obc and I assume to controller.

I compared with a 2013 CCP and the charger receptacle red+ and black- has about the same voltage as the battery pack as expected.

I didn't find any other treads describing this unexpected voltage.
can someone point me in the right direction?
no one has an idea?
Old 06-05-2023, 08:04 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

When measuring at the charge receptacle Red to Black you are measuring through the OBC in the cart which has several components that control the charging current coming from the charger. You are measuring through the resistance of those components and will see a drop of around 10-15v compared to actual pack voltage. This is 100% normal to see 35 to 38v when measuring voltage directly at the receptacle red and black, and not something to be concerned with.

In 2014 Club Car ditched the OBC and after that the receptacle black wire goes directly to pack negative, and testing at the receptacle on those carts will show full pack voltage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:31 PM   #4
yan.l
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
When measuring at the charge receptacle Red to Black you are measuring through the OBC in the cart which has several components that control the charging current coming from the charger. You are measuring through the resistance of those components and will see a drop of around 10-15v compared to actual pack voltage. This is 100% normal to see 35 to 38v when measuring voltage directly at the receptacle red and black, and not something to be concerned with.

In 2014 Club Car ditched the OBC and after that the receptacle black wire goes directly to pack negative, and testing at the receptacle on those carts will show full pack voltage.
thank you for the clarification, I just found it weird that the 2013 is behaving differently and shows near battery pack voltage of 49V. The 2013 also has the OBC with the older Lester charger type.

Tags
charger, receptacle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car