lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #1
PAKiTUP
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Club Car DS 48V F&R switch

Hello, I am very new to golf carts and just picked up my first Club Car DS 48 volt electric cart. I bought it from a friend and was told everything is fine with it. I drove it around a few times and no issues. I got it to my campground and after a day of use it started hesitating going forward or reverse.

Initially I thought it was the batteries. They are from 2016. I topped off the batteries with distilled water, cleaned all the connectors and terminals, and ran a load test. All the batteries were still testing good. I charged the cart and tried to go for a ride the next day. Same issue.

I started researching and thought maybe it was the speed sensor, so I left camp that weekend and went home and bought a speed sensor. I return back to camp after a week and go to pull out the cart, suddenly its working fine again. I drove it around all day and no issues. It really didn't have any problems until I started going from reverse to forward. One of the guys at camp said the forward/reverse switch could be going bad since its not fully engaging. The switch looks a little burnt too.

My question is, where is the best place to get replacement parts? Switches like this, is it best to get a factory part, or do Amazon replacement parts work fine? Also, is there anything else anyone can think of that may be the problem. Basically sometimes I'll put it in reverse or forward and the cart barely moves or goes 2-4mph. After some time it almost kicks back in and I'll have full power. I just don't want to end up throwing parts at it and still have issues and I end up basically building a new cart. I know I'll be buying batteries soon since these are 7 years old.

Thanks in advance,
Yacek
PAKiTUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS 48V F&R switch

David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars is a Site Sponsor and CC guru; I'd give him a call

Site Sponsor info is at the top of every page and just a click away!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:55 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS 48V F&R switch

The F/R rocker switches rarely go bad, not impossible, but rare. OEM is the only way to go, all the aftermarket stuff has gotten worse in the past few years.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car