lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
Gamecock_Jeff
Not Yet Wild

Default Potential Buyer Icon/Epic Cart

Hello all,
Looking for some brief advice and or feedback on purchasing an Icon or Epic golf cart.

I've never owned a golf cart and only driven one a dozen times or so thus I have very limited experience and knowledge but have gravitated towards Epic/Icon for their looks, semi-affordability, and warranty.

My question is very general and not looking for very in-depth feedback, but mostly just your experiences, good and bad, and if you had to recommend a cart to a family member would it be Epic/Icon.

We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids and will mostly be driving around the neighborhood and to the pool.

I'm a bit torn between an Icon vs Epic but can afford both. I dont NEED most of the upgrades for the Epic and actually prefer the foldable windshield of the Icon but it apparently rides a little different and has some extra electronic features and pre-wiring ports that also seem nice.

Any sort of recommendation would be appreciated.

-Jeff
Gamecock_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
ExPhotoLabGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Potential Buyer Icon/Epic Cart

I just purchased the 60L yesterday and it should arrive in 4-6 weeks. The E60L was an additional $2K over the 60L. I’m going to be adding roughly $1000 in upgrades to my 60L. Those upgrades would have been included in the E60L, so it was a close call on the numbers. The deciding factor for me was the look of the front end. The E60L has a boxy look and I preferred the look of the 60L. If the front end had been the same, I would have spent the extra. The upgraded seats didn’t interest me enough, but if you love them and plan on adding the sound bar and a few other extras, then it might make more sense to get the E60L. You just gotta weigh the options and decide what’s important to you.
ExPhotoLabGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:32 PM   #3
IWalker
Not Yet Wild

We looked at the Epic carts, very nice standard features.

Fixed windshield was a deal killer for us in Florida, we NEED the breeze!
IWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
05limited
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalker View Post
We looked at the Epic carts, very nice standard features.

Fixed windshield was a deal killer for us in Florida, we NEED the breeze!
That’s one of the things I dislike about our Bintelli. Would love to have the fold down option
05limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:09 AM   #5
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

2021 ICON i20 owner with AGM batteries for golf use. 16 months old. I want to like it, but very disappointed. A number of issues. AGM batteries seems to drain quickly after a round of golf. Creeps at 40v and 12-13 mph on way home 1(mi) after round. Voltage should be 48+. Extremely tight suspension; jarring on-course ride. Stock low profile tires contribute to rough ride. Street ride is OK. Lots of bolt tightening to eliminate squeaks. Lined the seat frame with insulation strips to reduce the jarring ride. Service call under warranty tomorrow to look at programming issues and confirm my battery load tests. I do think it is one of the best looking carts on the market... [emoji16]
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon