lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 06:32 AM   #21
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: HELP! Reducing Clicks on HD Solenoid

Quote:
That gave me another and I think better idea for the "hunt mode" switch.

Using a SPDT (3 terminal) Switch:
Center Terminal is wired to the Key Switch +48v "Cold Side" (switched).

One Side of the Switch (Hunt Mode) is spliced (Scotchlok T-Tap is OK due to small current) to the "Green" output wire of the MCOR or "Green" wire at the Controller #6 pin.

The other side of the Switch (Normal Mode) is wired to the Reverse Buzzer. Disconnect the pink wire from the Reverse buzzer and connect this wire to where the "Pink" wire was connected.

That way not only the Solenoid stays engaged in "Hunt Mode" but there is no Reverse Buzzer either, switching to "Normal Mode" works as OEM.

While in "Hunt Mode" the Controller can still open the Solenoid in case of any "Shutdown" condition it detects like overheated Controller or stalled motor.
[/QUOTE]

Sergio,
Well my idea about the pedal stop may or may not work so your suggestion with the SPDT Hunting switch would be the best solution. I understand connecting the center terminal to the key switch (cold side) so when key is turned on, power is sent to the switch and when the switch is placed in the hunt position power is conveyed to the green wire between the MCOR and Pin#6 on the controller. This by-passes the MCOR micro-switch and the solenoid should not drop out as long as I don't hesitate using the FNR switch.

My reverse buzzer is totally disconnected and the wires are taped. I need to get a clarification, if I remember the wires to the reverse buzzer are red & orange. Do I need to reconnect the buzzer or just pick up the power to the buzzer when the cart is placed in reverse?
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 06:53 AM   #22
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Seat switch from a cub cadet mower seat. I have this hooked up to turn overhead fan and lights off when I get off the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 807377AB-AC44-4DA0-93A2-64F1FEAFB48F.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:00 AM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hunter450, I gave you the colors for the Precedent by mistake.

In your IQ cart, the orange/white is the negative from the Controller to the buzzer, go ahead an connect that one to the buzzer.

The red wire is direct power from the Tow/Run switch, leave that one disconnected.

Run a new wire from the buzzer where the red wire used to connect to the side of the SPDT switch for Normal mode.

I really think for normal operation that the reverse buzzer is an important safety device as it reminds the driver that the cart will go into reverse when they press the accelerator.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well....IMHO the sound of the "clicks" really don't disturb wildlife all that much. Besides, I have been hunting "on the ground" for about the last ten years.

Here's the 2018 buck:

And this is the 2019 buck:

It ain't the "clicks" gentlemen.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #25
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Absolutely no worries Sergio. I do appreciate your help and insight. I now understand how the reverse buzzer circuit was incorporated into the hunting switch conversation and the safety aspects associated with it. Like Dlab mentioned us hunting cart users are looking at every possible way to stealth around while keeping things simple. Unless there is a strong case against using the cold side of the key switch to bypass the MCOR micro switch and my XCT controller doesn't get upset, I think not adding a hunting switch and wire to the green MCOR output wire to controller pin#6 would be my best option. Please, if there are any concerns with this approach....speak out.

Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I definitely think that on a Sepex cart by-passing the MCOR switch is much safer than by-passing the Solenoid activation directly.

If You are not using the Reverse Buzzer all You need is a plain ON/OFF switch and You can get the "switched" +48v at the Solenoid small post that comes from the key switch so no wires need to go to the front of the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #27
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice deer Dave and yes the clicks of the solenoid did not have much effect when I was hunting deer in mature hardwoods like in the background of your 2018 pic. However, I now hunt 100% mature pines and the woods are much quieter. I also turkey and coyote hunt which IMO adds another level to being audibly invisible.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #28
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I definitely think that on a Sepex cart by-passing the MCOR switch is much safer than by-passing the Solenoid activation directly.

If You are not using the Reverse Buzzer all You need is a plain ON/OFF switch and You can get the "switched" +48v at the Solenoid small post that comes from the key switch so no wires need to go to the front of the cart.
Thanks for the confirmation Sergio. I rather not use the buzzer circuit. I like not having to run another wire to the front so I'll either use the small post on the solenoid or the trigger wire on my voltage reducer that is controlled by the key switch also. I need to look into those splice connectors you recommended, I like good electrical connections.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:01 AM   #29
Dlab
Gone Wild

No offense Dave....But I’ve hunted the East Coast deer....their pretty dumb compared to what we deal with down here....I’m the only member on my current lease with an electric and it makes a huge difference. Like said above, depending on terrain the clicks might not mean anything to you....but it does to me. And I still walk 2-300 yards to a stand. This 153” 8 point wouldn’t have happened without the cart setup like I have it.....Guaranteed.

The less clicks the better.....I’ll keep my setup, and will gladly post a picture if and when it fails lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05AD4AC8-FFA8-4323-9409-063CBF7CF84A.jpg (96.3 KB, 0 views)
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlab View Post
No offense Dave....But I’ve hunted the East Coast deer....their pretty dumb compared to what we deal with down here....I’m the only member on my current lease with an electric and it makes a huge difference. Like said above, depending on terrain the clicks might not mean anything to you....but it does to me. And I still walk 2-300 yards to a stand. This 153” 8 point wouldn’t have happened without the cart setup like I have it.....Guaranteed.

The less clicks the better.....I’ll keep my setup, and will gladly post a picture if and when it fails lol
Nice Buck!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car