lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #41
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: MCOR rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
If you add an ITS to a Club Car, you'll have an E-Z-Go...... that doesn't rust, has a tighter turning radius and a steering box that doesn't feel like you're driving a toy truck, nice firm braking that doesn't feel squishy, a nice tight suspension that handles like a sports car instead of a dump truck, and brake drums (and motor splines) that don't strip.......... Yeah... Give me the MCOR4 and the Club Car. Keep your E-Z-Gos
Quite honestly - take it. More Ezgos for us
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #42
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Quite honestly - take it. More Ezgos for us
Deal
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #43
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
I have had two made in Mexico MCOR4's fail on me in a short period of time. I am working on a better solution, but still have some more testing to do.

One thing I noticed is how much I have to press the Go pedal before the switch closes the circuit. It isn't that noticeable when I used my foot. But when I use my hand, I am surprised how far I have to depress the pedal.

Anyone else have this issue?
I have the same problem with the second MCOR. The switch was erratic in the first one.

For some reason, I seem to press the pedal about 1/3 of the way down before the switch clicks on this one.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #44
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
This is not an MCOR issue. It's a linkage issue. This has been addressed in previous posts. A simple fix is to remove the drive bar from the pedal and shim the forward-most piece of the fork with a piece of rubber fuel hose to take the slop out of the linkage.
I put several layers of heat shrink tubing on the forward pin. It helped with the first MCOR but not on this one.

They are both Mexico built.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #45
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
I put several layers of heat shrink tubing on the forward pin. It helped with the first MCOR but not on this one.

They are both Mexico built.
Check the resistance reading from the MCOR while it's installed and see how low it goes. Remove it and put it on a bench and test it again while turning the MCOR shaft by hand. This will determine whether it's an MCOR or a linkage issue.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:44 AM   #46
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Check the resistance reading from the MCOR while it's installed and see how low it goes. Remove it and put it on a bench and test it again while turning the MCOR shaft by hand. This will determine whether it's an MCOR or a linkage issue.
Great advice! Thanks Dave.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #47
HBR
Gone Wild

I wish I had a linkage to be part of the problem.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #48
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Dave,

I finished my xct, admiral a2, and harness install yesterday. More about this in a couple days.

But today I put it on the ramps to take out the mcor and check it like you suggested. Low and behold, the shrink sleeving had worn off the mcor pedal adapter forward rod pin.

I put some more on it, and the throttle is perfect now. In fact, the monitor tab on the XCT toolkit shows a smooth throttle operation from 0 to 100 and only a little jumping at 100.

I took it for a ride and what an unbelievable difference! I LOVE MY MCOR AGAIN! [For now anyway, LOL]

I've got to invent something more permanent on that pin.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #49
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Dave,

I finished my xct, admiral a2, and harness install yesterday. More about this in a couple days.

But today I put it on the ramps to take out the mcor and check it like you suggested. Low and behold, the shrink sleeving had worn off the mcor pedal adapter forward rod pin.

I put some more on it, and the throttle is perfect now. In fact, the monitor tab on the XCT toolkit shows a smooth throttle operation from 0 to 100 and only a little jumping at 100.

I took it for a ride and what an unbelievable difference! I LOVE MY MCOR AGAIN! [For now anyway, LOL]

I've got to invent something more permanent on that pin.

Great. Glad to hear it. MCOR issues are often misdiagnosed due to sloppy linkages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car