lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #61
hsfowler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lester summit 2 charger

Nice, yeah not sure who the guy was at crown that told me that, but it was an Ohio number so I assume that was from the factory.

Now my challenge is finding a local dealer that sells 190s. I live in Raleigh NC, and the one contact I got from Crown that is local indicated that they only had 165s, and that it would be cost prohibitive to get 190s. I’ve never had such an issue trying to get information on something I am interested in buying in all my life. Took 3 phone calls to crown before I could even get a local distributor that had stock, then they proceeded to tell me they didn’t want to chase CR190s. So strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hsfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #62
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I think only a few places here in VA sell Crown batteries so I've never had nor tried to get any.
Check around for US battery and Trojan in your area as they tend to be more common.

Is there a particular reason you want or need a 190ah battery?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #63
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I just completed my first charge cycle of my new Crown CR-190 pack with a Lester Summit II 650 watt charger. I'm on my 5th or 6th break-in charge of the pack. With the 22251-v3 charge profile the pack reached 64.4v and the batteries were buzzing. The pack voltage was 49.5 volts ~70% SOC prior to the start of the charge. Charger completed it's cycle in 2.5 hours so IMO, the Summit II (650w) is sufficient.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:20 PM   #64
hsfowler
Not Yet Wild

I was just looking for a little stouter pack because I live in a hilly area and am planning to make the jump to a 500 controller and a big hp motor soon. Figured the 190s would handle the hills+3 other passengers I have rolling with me in the neighborhood.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #65
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfowler View Post
I was just looking for a little stouter pack because I live in a hilly area and am planning to make the jump to a 500 controller and a big hp motor soon. Figured the 190s would handle the hills+3 other passengers I have rolling with me in the neighborhood.

IMO, the CR-190's are a great choice for carts requiring torque power. If you get a 500A controller that is programmable like my Alltrax XCT you can adjust the regen so when you're coasting downhill in the neighborhood with a full load, you can benefit by replacing some of that energy back into the pack and not waste it with riding the brakes. A good safety feature too when hauling people.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #66
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Trojan T890 and US Battery 8VGCHC XC2 are both similar. The T890 is a 190ah battery, and the US is rated at 183.
Trojan batteries are practically everywhere so you probably have a cart dealer or Trojan distributor in your city or somewhere within an hour.
US looks to have a few distributors in NC, one not far west of Greensboro.

They both offer other batteries that are over 200Ah as well if you'd rather have even more capacity. IMO those would be best suited to using the 1050w Summit II charger.

Higher capacity will always cost more, but I'd agree with your setup and planned usage the higher capacity battery will suit your needs better. More available capacity means less voltage loss and lower amp draw when heavy demand is placed on the battery.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #67
hsfowler
Not Yet Wild

I definitely agree. I am still researching the setup so I can get it going when I finally lose the batteries I have now. They are T-875s from 2016, but I have been constantly monitoring the water levels and charging full cycles with the summit II on board to try and bring them back. They were not taken care of and the hills just wreak havoc on them. Definitely looking at the alltrax 500 with a plum quick motor. Not sure on having a bandit built or making a big jump to the 10-14hp. We don’t ride long distances on one charge (less than 5 miles), but we climb hills and have people riding with us. Also the occasional mini trailer with the big cooler for the pool. I’m wondering if I can get away with a smaller pack, like the T-875 or the CR-165, because of the short distance and still have enough *** to push it up the hills. Thoughts?

Old 04-29-2023, 06:53 PM   #68
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Old thread but I have a question. I have the Summit II charger and when I have it unplugged from the wall but have the charger cable plugged into the cart and open the app, I'm unable to change battery or system profile as it's greyed out in the drop down menu. Anyone have an idea as to why?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:18 PM   #69
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Old thread but I have a question. I have the Summit II charger and when I have it unplugged from the wall but have the charger cable plugged into the cart and open the app, I'm unable to change battery or system profile as it's greyed out in the drop down menu. Anyone have an idea as to why?

You have to log in with name and password. Then should be able to access that info.
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:32 PM   #70
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
You have to log in with name and password. Then should be able to access that info.
Thank you. I will give that a try and report back.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car