lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Mark Mc
Not Yet Wild

Default Can someone read this Monitor File?

attached is a screenshot of my monitor file for my 2004 48 volt - 8 passenger Club Car - I have a Altrax Controller, SW-202 FNR relay - It has Jake lifter and big tires - having a problem where it will almost not go forward with any load but can reverse all the way home and back into the barn - I thought it was the FNR [had a SW-182] so upgraded and still the same problem - have replaced all the wires with 6 gauge - Motor seems to get pretty hot fast - most recently noticed a Low Battery flag on the CSV file - I checked all the cells with the hydrometer and they show good. I am running out of possible problems besides the motor but don't know what to test next.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Mark M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-14 Monitor file.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
Mark Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can someone read this Monitor File?

For starters you should have used 2 gauge wire for a eight passenger instead of 6 gauge.

Also look at the values I have circled in red on your attachment. They should never drop below 40 V with good batteries. Plus your starting voltage is 49.5 that is 70% charge. I believe you have bad batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-14 Monitor file.jpg (383.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SOC Chart.jpg (116.7 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:20 AM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

As Walter mentioned, the drop in battery voltage is concerning especially the values in the low teens. What is the serial # of your cart and have you added a high HP motor? This may or may not be an issue, but when I perform a monitor run, my Alltrax data is collected in the csv file at 4 to 5 readings per second.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
Mark Mc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys - My Batteries are several years old and I think I will break down and get a new set - will post once that happens - thanks again for your quick response

P.S. - my cables are actually all 4 gauge - that was a typo
Mark Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, csv file
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car