lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 Pathway before and after

I just wanted to show off my "Pathway" a little. I started with a 2003 Club Car "Pathway" all stock cart. Now I'm going to try and list all I've done to it. Starting with a 6" Super Sport lift, ITP wheels with 23" tires, 500 amp Alltrax controller, Plum Quick motor "Bandit", 2 gauge cables, 400 amp cont. solenoid, Jakes brush guard, nurf bars, fender flares, steering wheel, and a new paint job.
I took the front brakes off because it was a lot easyer to lift it without them. I also changed the rear differential lube with synthetic 30w. I got to do a few test runs today with the GPS, the fastest I could get it on level ground was 23mph. That was in a distance of 150 yards. My batteries are 4 years old, I'm sure I would get a little more speed if I had new set. I love the torque the 500 amp Alltrax controller and Plum Quick motor produced. I just wanted to thank everybody on BGW that helped me through my project. I don't think I could have done it without all of ya'lls help. Thanks again, Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00108.jpg (138.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00186.jpg (117.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00190.jpg (109.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00203.jpg (141.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00201.jpg (182.5 KB, 41 views)
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Pathway before and after

g/day gcs13,
looking good buddy, how did you manage to
get your mascot off the front seat.
Rick.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under View Post
g/day gcs13,
looking good buddy, how did you manage to
get your mascot off the front seat.
Rick.
Rascal want let it go anywhere without him. If it rolls he thinks he has to ride.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great job, this restoration is just what I like to see as it gives great looks as well as safety ( except for front brakes ) that will allow you years of trouble free service ( once you get new batterys ).
FOR SAFETY I would urge you to get brakes on front wheels as at the speeds you are now traveling you are WAY BEYOND the ability of stock rear brakes to stop? They are made for only 8-14 MPH and even at that are not the best by far?? Did you ever notice the extra discount given by insurance companies when you have "disc brakes with ABS non slide systems"?
I grew up driving cars and trucks and motor cycles that had mechanical brakes ( often on rear wheels only ) that were not safe at any speed. The old mechanic that I took my apprenticeship with told me that as speed went up brakes HAD to be more powerful in porportion. I learned this the hard way when I started racing cars and motorcycles. Many broken bones and months in body casts taught me SAFETY FIRST for YOU and EVERYONE IN OR AROUND YOUR CART.
There are excellent conversion kits for front as well as rear to disc brakes in either hydraulic or mechanical style. I consider anything over 15-18 MPH on a lifted cart should have enough tire tread contact surface ( HIGHWAY DOT RATED TREAD, NOT GOLF CART LUGGED TREAD ) ( PROPER SHOCKS WITH THE ABILITY TO HOLD WHEELS DOWN WHILE BRAKING ) and braking power on ALL FOUR WHEELS powerful enough to slide the brakes on a hard stop. In fact the less slide the better, but I see no ABS adapters yet available for carts?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Later on I plan on putting disc brakes on. If I spend anymore money for now I would be sleeping in the dog house. The drum brakes that was on it wasn't that smooth anyway. Thanks for the info., Greg
Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
budman88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

how did you run your 2 gauge wire through the obc.or did you leave the 6 wire there and run your 2 wire around? have you had any trouble with that?
your cart looks great
budman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Newest Obsession
Getting Wild

Club Car

Looks great! I would exspect more speed though?? I get 23+ with just a level 4 upgrade??
Newest Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman88 View Post
how did you run your 2 gauge wire through the obc.or did you leave the 6 wire there and run your 2 wire around? have you had any trouble with that?
your cart looks great
I couldn't run the 2 gauge wire through the obc it was to big. I left the 6 gauge wire that ran through the obc and ran the 2 gauge wire around the out side to the controller. The charger works fine and still cuts off when it gets to full charge.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newest Obsession View Post
Looks great! I would exspect more speed though?? I get 23+ with just a level 4 upgrade??
I was hoping to get a little more speed out of than 23mph. I have 4 year old batteries, still strong but not new. When I was getting my reading with the GPS, my buddy was riding with me. I weigh 250 lbs. and he weighs 195 lbs. I guess I should have got my speed reading all by myself. My tires are 23" tall and the combine weight of us both puts a pretty good strain on the motor. I really like the torque I have now. I fill like I can go up about ant hill I want to without stalling.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 AM   #10
clubber
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2003 Club Car pathway and was wondering how you attached the rear seat with the roll bar? Where did you purchase the kit? Is it special for the Pathway? I have searched all over and haven't had much luck. Thank you.
clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car