lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2016, 07:55 PM   #31
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 48V DS has loss of speed/power going uphill

Awesome.

Now break them in right: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

It does make a difference...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I noticed You have a lot of wires connected to pack negative, if You are still using the OBC to charge the cart, You need to move those connections to controller B- or Your new batteries will not charge correctly.

The stacking order on pack positive maybe be an issue as well if that black wire is below the pack positive cable. The highest amperage cables should always go first when multiple connectors are stacked on a battery post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #33
Fletcher_Outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I noticed You have a lot of wires connected to pack negative, if You are still using the OBC to charge the cart, You need to move those connections to controller B- or Your new batteries will not charge correctly.
Sergio- sorry for the delayed response but what exactly does this mean? I am using my charger plugged into the connection below the seat next to the gear selector. Do I need to move wires off the 2 end batteries?

Thanks!
DF

(Installing new tires tomorrow... new to me that is...got a great deal on them!)
Fletcher_Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #34
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher_Outdoors View Post
Sergio- sorry for the delayed response but what exactly does this mean? I am using my charger plugged into the connection below the seat next to the gear selector. Do I need to move wires off the 2 end batteries?

Thanks!
DF

(Installing new tires tomorrow... new to me that is...got a great deal on them!)
Are you using the factory Powerdrive charger?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #35
Fletcher_Outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Are you using the factory Powerdrive charger?
Yes, I'm using the Club Car PowerDrive2 charger
Old 09-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #36
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Powerdrive2 box is just a power supply, all of the Charging is controlled by the OBC.

After the initial baseline charge, the OBC measures the current IN and OUT of the battery pack so it knows how much it needs to put back during the next charge.

The current is measured on the pack negative cable as it passes through the OBC.

All of the stuff You have connected directly to the pack negative battery post is not being measured by the OBC so it will not take that in consideration for the next charging cycle.

The OBC does have a certain amount of overcharging/fudge factor to compensate for the inevitable chemical differences between the 24 cells in your battery pack, but that feature may not compensate for the additional usage you have on those wires.

You can add a "terminal block" that has a single 10ga wire going to controller B- and connect all of those small gauge wires that are currently on the pack negative battery post to that "terminal block".

On the pack positive battery post, make sure the largest current carrying cable goes on the post first, all of the other small gauge wires should stack on top of that one.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #37
Fletcher_Outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You can add a "terminal block" that has a single 10ga wire going to controller B- and connect all of those small gauge wires that are currently on the pack negative battery post to that "terminal block".
Can I get some more details on this? What does the controller look like? I'm familiar with terminal blocks not sure where you saying I should be connecting it. Hook it up to the controller that is shown in this diagram? http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/546
Thanks!

UPDATE- did some research, I now understand what you are saying. Doing this will my battery pack get a better charge? Or is there some other benefit to moving the negative wires to the controller?

Thanks!!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #38
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The picture You posted of your batteries that I originally commented shows an IQ cart, the diagram you just referenced is not the correct one.

This should match Your cart controller:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...cor_wiring.jpg
If You notice on the diagram above, there is already a 1-position "terminal block" connected to Controller B- on some of those DS models for the accessories negative.

Also notice that the pack negative cable that goes through the OBC terminates on the same Controller B- terminal.

When You connect your small gauge wire negatives on that connection, all of the current used from the battery is accounted for by the OBC.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #39
Fletcher_Outdoors
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ahhh, ok, now it makes sense. This is good to know and I will work on it over the weekend. Thank you for the help and guidance.

All of you guys have been great in helping me to keep my cart up and running!

Thank you!!!

Tags
2004 ds, loss of power, oss of speed uphill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car