lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Trojan T-105 or US - 2200?

I almost hate to ask, but I am going to replace the T - 105's in my cart. I would like to stay with what is already in the cart, but are the US 2200's any better? The local dealer is selling more of the 2200's and has them in stock. He would have to order the T-105's. The 2200's are a bit cheaper but I am not too worried about that. Would welcome any comments/suggestion's/opinion's. Thanks.
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Trojan T-105 or US - 2200?

Need more info.. What charger do you have? Can the charge profile be changed? It should be set to a mode designed for US battery if you are gonna make the switch. Yellow & black Delta-q charger can be programmed, DPI charger can be changed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Need more info.. What charger do you have? Can the charge profile be changed? It should be set to a mode designed for US battery if you are gonna make the switch. Yellow & black Delta-q charger can be programmed, DPI charger can be changed.
Sorry to hijack your thread CG. But iwas also thinking of switching to US batt. 8VGCHC-XC2 8volt. Can my standard Powerwize 2 be able to fully charge them???
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

CG , I just have the original Powerwise charger. Actually when I purchased the cart a couple of years ago, I asked for the "bigger" charger as they were going to include one of the smaller throw away chargers. I talked the young fellow in the back shop to include what I thought was the better charger? I have kept up with the current battery's via multimeter and Scotty's digital gauge, it appears to charge this pack fully.
Thanks.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I should add, the battery's are '07's. They matched up a set (all '07's) when I bought the cart. I have trouble walking and only use the cart from the house to the shop and to the barn. I noticed this spring that they are not holding like they were even though I only go 100 to 200 feet at a time. I could run them out but my consious won't allow me to abuse my equipment!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:09 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

While i think you made the smart move to get the charger you got (its more robust, and repaiable if it has a problem), it was made with trojan batteries as its goal to charge. Many dont know that what a US "brand" battery wants to be treated like by the charger is slightly different than what a Trojan "brand" battery wants. (it mostly is the final voltage at the end of the charge). The charger will work, but the US battery wants a slightly higher voltage at the end of charge. The minor difference will have some effect on the batteries over the lifetime of the batteries. It will still work, but you might not get maximum use of years.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:24 AM   #7
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

CG , I really appreciate the info. I will stay with the Trojans.
Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO