lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #11
Kmdrizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 TXT 48v Chip?

If you don't mind, do you think you can explain what I have to do. (Put on tow mode, turn cart off, plug in thing, beeps, unplug thing, run/ tow?, turn on cart, etc.)
Kmdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Turn key off, plug "programmer chip" into diag port, turn key on, 2 beeps. Turn key off, tow/run to "tow", remove "chip" & put plug cover back, tow/run switch to "run". Key on, faster cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #13
Kmdrizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 2012 TXT 48v Chip?

Thanks for everything. You've helped me out a lot!
Kmdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #14
macdenewf
Not Yet Wild

Gents. I have a similar question on Chips.

I have a 2012 EZ Go TxT 48v. I recently upgraded from a 36v to a 48v. The 48v cart is used (2012) and when bought the batteries had 2014 dated on them so there is at least a year and a half use when i bought it in late 2015.

While the 48v is considerably faster than the 36v ( uncertain if it is chipped for speed or if it is the default speed) it appears to have considerably less torque than the 36v.
This is really noticeable if i try to climb a sidewalk curb (from a stopped position - front wheels tight to the curb)
The 48v cart will not climb over. The 36 jumped right up there.

my question is several part.
- might this just be weak batteries? I charge with the default charger that came with the cart and the charger does shut off - so I assume full voltage. Cells were full of electrolyte and I have since topped off and charged several times )

- on doing some research on older models it appearer there were 4 speed modes. hills and rough terrain with a lower speed -higher torque and a higher speed for what I presume is flat ground. Is there a chip option for slower speed higher torque on the 48v...or just the 2 modes that i had seen in this post ( 17 and 19?)

- and lastly ( and i think i know this answer). no such thing as a chip that lets me switch back and forth between modes is there?

Thank You.
I did search for some of these answers but didn't have any luck., Appreciate any thoughts.

Regards;
Mac
macdenewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #15
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdenewf View Post
Gents. I have a similar question on Chips.

I have a 2012 EZ Go TxT 48v. I recently upgraded from a 36v to a 48v. The 48v cart is used (2012) and when bought the batteries had 2014 dated on them so there is at least a year and a half use when i bought it in late 2015.

While the 48v is considerably faster than the 36v ( uncertain if it is chipped for speed or if it is the default speed) it appears to have considerably less torque than the 36v.
This is really noticeable if i try to climb a sidewalk curb (from a stopped position - front wheels tight to the curb)
The 48v cart will not climb over. The 36 jumped right up there.

my question is several part.
- might this just be weak batteries? I charge with the default charger that came with the cart and the charger does shut off - so I assume full voltage. Cells were full of electrolyte and I have since topped off and charged several times )

- on doing some research on older models it appearer there were 4 speed modes. hills and rough terrain with a lower speed -higher torque and a higher speed for what I presume is flat ground. Is there a chip option for slower speed higher torque on the 48v...or just the 2 modes that i had seen in this post ( 17 and 19?)

- and lastly ( and i think i know this answer). no such thing as a chip that lets me switch back and forth between modes is there?

Thank You.
I did search for some of these answers but didn't have any luck., Appreciate any thoughts.

Regards;
Mac
You really need to start you own thread. Just copy and paste your question. And get ready to explain your battery charger.
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, chip, speed, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO