lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 12:17 AM   #1
Almelto91
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help!!! Was hired to do repairs but for tye first time in 20 years im stumped

Ok this real nice disabled lady has this awesome and i do not carcare if it is pink its lifted chrome wheels big tires decked out it is a 2010 model 48 volt this cart is her lively hood her pride and joy and so far 4 peopke have claimed to know what there doing and have taken her for quite a bit of mobey and i wanna do her right do the job and get her back on the road now the problem is even with the charger unplugged the green light stays on now i assume one of those sorry excuses of human life crossed some wires or something witch may be the whole problem if im not mistaken they are basically paper weights with the charger plugged in so maybe tricking the computer into thinking its plugged in therefor the safety mechanism is functioning as should however there is power all the way through the system headlights and all work has power from key switch to the solenoid however solenoid will not click or do anything really reverse buzzer doesnt even work now witch as i said im assuming from.experiance it is because the cart thinks it is being charged unless im mistaken and thats the charge indicator letting u know of battery life remaining but she says it never did that and when that light started staying on is when it quit working batteries are good and hot how can i disable this safety mechanism to test this theory so i can repair back to factory stereo also stopped working no blown fuses nor crossed wires that i have seen it got to dark before i got a chance to double check the cables between batteries to assure proper hookup voltage etc i believe its hot to neg hot to neg and so on the branches off with the main hot and ground but the cart does nothing not a click or buzz however when i turn the key on to reverse you can hear the buzzer make the slightest buzz i just need some ideas were to start how to disable the safety i checked all fuses and there good cleaned all connections and everything seems to be wired correctly i did however jump the solenoid and got ziltch zip so any ideas at all would be amazing just to get a starting point i currently have solenoid off and brought it home to test to make sure it is working however when putting power directly to it still no click im stumped
Almelto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 01:10 AM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need help!!! Was hired to do repairs but for tye first time in 20 years im stumpe

I think this one is for 1989 Marathon

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:35 AM   #3
Almelto91
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick question about newer model safety features

Long story short a lady has a 2010 ezgo electric golf cart just recently after some numbskull worked on it theres a lil green light beside the charger port were u plug the charger in my questions are should this light be on at all times according to her it wasnt until it was worked on second if this light is only on when the charger is plugged in would the sensor or whatever safety device it uses render the cart unuseable essentially tricking it into thinking its plugged in because if im not mistaken isnt that a safety feature and 3 how do i bypass this safety feature temporaraly to test my theory
Old 06-17-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Almelto91
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help!!! Was hired to do repairs but for tye first time in 20 years im stumpe

Well any and all ideas and suggestions will be put to work tommorow
Old 06-17-2015, 04:26 AM   #5
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Default Re: Quick question about newer model safety features

That is one hell of run-on sentence!
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:33 AM   #6
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Quick question about newer model safety features

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
That is one hell of run-on sentence!
No English majors here!!
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question about newer ezgo safety features

the only question I can answer/make a suggestion on is #3: IF in fact the green light is lit, signifying that the cart is plugged in and shouldn't run/move.....just hop in it without it plugged in and the green light lit and hit the gas......if it GO's, either the safety feature is faulty or the light is for something else.

EDIT: I just saw your other thread....obviously the cart doesn't run....thus its time to get out the multimeter and a correct wiring diagram and proceed with the process of chasing wires.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

the question I have is WHY have you started 3 threads within 4 hrs asking the same question???

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-features.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-features.html
Old 06-17-2015, 08:00 AM   #9
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

Is this cart a RXV or a TXT model.

It's all in one thread now.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Thanks RIB!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO