lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Taking my cart to the beach...

I'm taking my cart to the beach for the first time in a couple weeks (assuming I can actually get my new seat covers delivered). I have a question though about do's and don'ts with regards to saltwater.

Can someone chime in with best practices? Thanks in advance!
TexasLongball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Taking my cart to the beach...

One word comes to mind.... DON'T

If you do be sure that you carefully freshwater rinse the entire cart to help remove the left over salts....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

**** really?!? That bad huh? I can take my pressure washer with me to keep at the beach house to spray off at night.
TexasLongball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pressure washer is looking for more trouble. Gently rinse.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
wildbil645
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i take my cart to beach and just spray it off with garden hose each night and wash it good when i get home and have not had any problems. i also have friends that have been taking there to beach for a few years and have not had any problems
wildbil645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I don't take my hunting cart to the beach.....but it sure does see it's share of mud.....more than I thought it ever would. And the only way to get it clean is with a pressure washer. I don't "fear" the pressure washer, but you do need to use common sense when you use any high pressure water on anything with electrical components involved.

#1--Don't high pressure wash your key switch.
#2--Don't ever, never, never, lift your seat and high pressure wash your F\R switch or controller....or even your batteries. In fact.....don't pressure wash anything under your seat. You can use a bucket with a rag and wipe stuff off with a damp rag. For your battery terminals, use baking soda and a wire brush.
#3--When using the pressure washer at the bottom of the cart...don't squirt up into the battery box. But, washing the floor, frame, axle's wheels and body have caused me no harm in the last 8 years.

MHO
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
catmcaw
Gone Wild

I've had my RXV at the beach for about 1 1/2 years and have never washed it. It only gets used about 2 days a month and I never take it on the beach and it stays in my garage (3 blocks from the beach) the rest of the time. I'm starting to notice a couple of screws that have a little rust on them but I think with the salt in the air its gonna happen.
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #8
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: Taking my cart to the beach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmcaw View Post
I've had my RXV at the beach for about 1 1/2 years and have never washed it. It only gets used about 2 days a month and I never take it on the beach and it stays in my garage (3 blocks from the beach) the rest of the time. I'm starting to notice a couple of screws that have a little rust on them but I think with the salt in the air its gonna happen.
Salt water!!will destroy an auto mobile roof if you live 10 miles from an ocean, Think about that one a minute . been there done that. bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you're just taking it for a week or so I'm not sure I would even rinse it. Water at the beach may not be that clean. Just wash it good when you get home
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO