lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
cryback
Not Yet Wild

Default Torque Upgrade Question

I am upgrading my 2002 TXT EZ-GO to a higher torque motor and ran into a problem. Somone gave me a Curtis 500 Amp Controller but it has blades instead of pins. Can I cut the wires and go Red to J1, White to J2, Black to J3 and leave Orange off? Or do I need to buy a different controller? I have already bought an HD Solonoid and a bigger F&R switch. Thanks for any help.
cryback is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Torque Upgrade Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryback View Post
I am upgrading my 2002 TXT EZ-GO to a higher torque motor and ran into a problem. Somone gave me a Curtis 500 Amp Controller but it has blades instead of pins. Can I cut the wires and go Red to J1, White to J2, Black to J3 and leave Orange off? Or do I need to buy a different controller? I have already bought an HD Solonoid and a bigger F&R switch. Thanks for any help.
The mentioned wiring changes will work (if you've got J1, 2 & 3 properly identified), but the 500A Curtis controller might not be set up for an ITS throttle type.

What is the model number of the 500A controller and does it mention throttle type on label?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
cryback
Not Yet Wild

1205m-5601
cryback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure that is a 0-5K throttle type rather that an ITS type.

I'd call Curtis to find out for sure.

The good news is that there are a lot of EZGO carts out there with 0-5K throttles (Pot-Box), so you can sell it to offset some of the cost of a new controller that will work in your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is a "ITS -> 0-5k" adapter box that would make your controller work. Nivel sells it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO