lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default How To Wash My Cart?

OK - may be my dumbest question to date - but that hasn't stopped me yet.

What can I spray down and wash, and what can I not?

I know about keeping the batteries clean and neutralized with baking soda from time to time. But how about washing the roof, windshield, dashboard, seats, floorboard, etc?

I was particularly wondering about the floorboard. Even sparingly spraying down under the roof, seats, and dash would get the floor very wet - as would just spraying the floor clean. And I was very worried about getting water under the mats that would stay wet (in my humid area) for weeks. But I track a lot of mud onto the floor, and just sweeping or blowing won't do it.

My cart gets worked a lot, so gets dirty. How do you guys keep your carts clean - both "inside" and out???
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
keobloss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How To Wash My Cart?

Well the mats can be fully pulled off for a thorough clean with less chance of standing water. That's what I did to mine. I pulled it off, cleaned it, and then sprayed the whole thing down with rubberized undercoating. It looks cherry. I'm in Kona to where you at?
keobloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keobloss View Post
Well the mats can be fully pulled off for a thorough clean with less chance of standing water. That's what I did to mine. I pulled it off, cleaned it, and then sprayed the whole thing down with rubberized undercoating. It looks cherry. I'm in Kona to where you at?
I'm in Kona as well (Kaloko Mauka). :)

I just got a brand new Cushman electric utility cart - after trying several used carts from around the island - not with very good results. And it was rather expensive, so I wanted to take good care of it. But pulling the mats out on this cart once a week to wash off the floor would be a ton of work.

Are you saying you just replaced the floor area entirely with the coating and nixed the rubber mats altogether?
Old 07-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
keobloss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Keauhou bu! Haha! No, I just painted the piece and put it back on cause mine was pretty hashed. AS far as your situation is concerned the first thing that come to mind is, and this is gonna sound ridiculous, floor mats for your floor mats!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
keobloss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Grab the rubber ones from Costco!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
keobloss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What's the frame made of on the Cushman? Some newer carts Have aluminum frames, and if that's the case on yours you could just hose away!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keobloss View Post
What's the frame made of on the Cushman? Some newer carts Have aluminum frames, and if that's the case on yours you could just hose away!
Keauhou - you must be a golfer???

I don't know for sure. This thing is only a week old. I know the chassis isn't aluminum. But you're right, an aluminum floor would be a big plus around here.

I was going to cut some custom floor mats out of sheet rubber, but there are still going to be times when water is going to get inside the cab, and so get under the original mats.

So I was just wondering how the more experienced maintenance guys on this forum handle preventing the floors from rusting out in wetter and humid environments. Especially if they hose out the "inside." Or if spraying things off inside the cab from time to time was a strict "no-no."
Old 07-19-2015, 04:00 PM   #8
keobloss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Prevent rust? I wish! We may be sol, especially in kaloko! I know the guys at the golf course use pressure washers to clean the cars at the end of the day. Then chamois em all dry and hope for the best!
Old 07-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd use a wet rag to clean the floor mat. Spraying may allow water to get into the throttle box.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO