lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #11
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: D&D warranty

Agreed, a customer should not have to kiss ***. Customer Service is something that has not been very good in the cart industry from my experience with the exception of Alltrax, I have been very pleased with their customer service. Be nice to them or you may not have a motor? Really...
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

Just putting my 2cents in, I currently am having a problem with them and service is not good. Brand new controller purchased and locked up after received. refuse to take it back and send another in its place and says there policy to sent back to alltrax for warranty. This is not a warranty problem when something is purchased brand new. So, after motor purchase, 2nd controller, and other parts purchased from them over years, I am forced to dispute cc and I guess we will see if I need to find another Dealer for future purchases. You don't treat your customers this way, there are always other options for the customer to go too. Also on other note I am finding out that seems a lot of controllers are having problems, don't know for sure.
WILD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #13
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what type of motor problems are you guys having? I have a new D&D motor in my cart and so far it has worked out well. You guys got me worried now.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #14
suboldguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

For mine, it started to make a grinding sound while I was coming home from a 3 mile round trip, it got super duper hot started to smell and letting out some of its magic smoke, slowed to a crawl and then stopped. I had to pull and push it the half mile home. Took almost a day for the motor to cool back down to 70 degrees room temp! It had less than two weeks on the motor and maybe 20-25 miles on it.
suboldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #15
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

No motor problem only controller, Alltrax 4855, My motor was from d&d and has always performed great. I only have problems with controller and it has been sent in before for loosing throttle soft ware, could not find it. Altrax fixed it with new software and now has done exact same thing and now they say have to buy new controller so I did even though feel like it was a brush off to sell another controller. I have never had any problem with D&D in past or their motor, and I love the low torque motor. Just seems as things are a changing, things do change sometimes and not always for better until someone speaks up.
WILD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm running D&D and Alltrax in 5 carts.
Both companies have excellent customer service track records.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #17
Tomster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Agreed, a customer should not have to kiss ***. Customer Service is something that has not been very good in the cart industry from my experience with the exception of Alltrax, I have been very pleased with their customer service. Be nice to them or you may not have a motor? Really...
I agree. I have been going through issues with vendors and so far alltrax is the best customer service in the industry.

I have not had good luck with D&D. If you didn't buy the motor from them, they won't talk to you.

Had I known this, I would have bought my motor and controller from the same seller. Alltrax will take care of you, but don't call D&D with a motor problem if you didn't buy it from them.

Just my experience.
Tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomster View Post
I agree. I have been going through issues with vendors and so far alltrax is the best customer service in the industry.

I have not had good luck with D&D. If you didn't buy the motor from them, they won't talk to you.

Had I known this, I would have bought my motor and controller from the same seller. Alltrax will take care of you, but don't call D&D with a motor problem if you didn't buy it from them.

Just my experience.
Let me try to explain...
The warranty stands regardless of where you buy your motor or controller. D&D dealers are encouraged to handle customer inquiries for the motors they sell. If factory service is needed they will interface between the customer and the manufacture. Alltrax has the same policy but they are more generous about who they will talk with about warranty issues. However policy still requires the dealer issue the Atlltrax RMA # for dealer sold units.
I hope this helps
Old 10-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #19
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Maybe I missed it, but where did this motor come from? Direct? Retailer? E-bay?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
"weren't even sure they had it", "run around with no answers". The first signs of a Nevel buy-out.

Remind them they have 100's of eyes watching their progress or lack of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but where did this motor come from? Direct? Retailer? E-bay?

You didn't miss it - he didn't say.
Maybe he didn't want to drag another name through the mud.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO