lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
TRod
Not Yet Wild

Default cart going slow after full charge

I have a 1986 club car . After a full charge still doesn't go very fast ,as it use to, (especially in reverse barely moves) Checked battery's getting about 38 volts ; with a load it drops to 34v . Check volts at each solenoid (small studs ) get 36v on first 4 (from driver side) the last one no volts . checked continuity (large studs). The first 4 good the last one i would get continuity sometimes but not all the time
Check on jack stands and while driving . Pedal to the floor
Is it the solenoid or micro switch ????
Any help would be appreciated .
TRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: cart going slow after full charge

do a solenoid test to see if it is solenoid or micro switch

solenoid test
Quote:
Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. remove all wires, restorer , and diode from solenoid
test 1
Connect an volt meter, set on continuity, place on the two large terminal studs. The meter should indicate no continuity, Replace the solenoid if continuity is present.
test 2
Using jumper wires attach from main positive and main negative of battery pack to the two small solenoid studs, polarity is not important. You should hear a click as the solenoid engages, and the meter should indicate continuity on the two large terminals. Replace the solenoid if continuity is not present.
if solenoid clicks rapidly solenoid is bad
Old 11-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
TRod
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info crash test dummy... Tested all the 5 solenoids one bad (#2 from driver side). Then I test for voltage from micro switch wires connected voltmeter to yellow wire hooked other to each wire one at a time and pushed the pedal . Got 36v on 4 out of 5 . no voltage from the last wire (black one) that goes to the 5th sol.
I think I have one bad sol. and one bad micro switch .
So I switch the bad sol.#2 to where the bad switch is #5 . Now it seems to go a little better . Going to order new sol. and switch .
TRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
crash test dummy

i would look at doing all micro switches and solenoids

black wire gives high speed

here is wiring diagram

Old 11-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car