lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #11
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need to add a towing hitch -I think...

I have a CC but I mounted a ball on the front of mine. When its deer season I have a rack in my rear receiver hitch for carrying deer. Put the hitch in front to be able to move my trailer around the camp yard. Moving the trailer that way actually seems easier than being in the rear.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #12
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay gonna bump this back up now that I have measured the tongue weight - I think. I followed a post I found online that how to measure using different ratios depending on the scales weight limit. Having no idea what to expect I started with a 2:1. Measured about 73. So I figure I am at around 150. See photo of my setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (274.4 KB, 0 views)
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #13
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is another shot of the trailer tongue weight. This time knowing it wasn't too bad I put it right on the rear step. The step holds me no problem. I am another 25 lbs.

So do we still feel this is to much for the cart. Even with heavy duty springs through out?

Still trying to figure out which model to order and where to mount it. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8361.jpg (359.2 KB, 0 views)
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #14
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would say it should hold the weight no problem. My only concern would be going over rough terrain. How much force is it going to add bouncing around and pulling on the step?
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #15
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you could use another wheel, one the front of the smoker, is there a crank/up at the front now? my boat has one, just change the tire on it to a much larger one, one that will pull nice on the yard,, now you got a 3wheeler, all you gotta do is pull it, no hitch needed;; you can buy the crank/ups at any wal/mart
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch towing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO