lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cable replacement

About to start my first ever updates to my cart.

I am going to update the cables, controller, and solenoid.

I have some 2 gauge cables that I am going to put on.

This would seem fairly straight forward, except the previous owner had a battery terminal that bent or melted...so he tapped a lag screw next to the post.

In a previous message, someone suggested that a repair shop could pour a new post. So far, my attempts to find someone to do this have been unsuccessful.

Here are a couple of questions...

1. Has anyone taken out a lag screw and then be able to tighten back down again? Or is the lead too soft to back out this screw and reuse? Trying to avoid creating a bigger problem. Also trying to avoid replacing the battery.

2. I am going to start with cables... Can I switch out part of the cables first and then do the others to the motor and controller when I get to that part? Is it a problem having different gauge cables on temporarily?

3. Anyone have suggestions on where I could find a company to repair the battery post, I have called into golf cart companies... Should I be looking for some other business type?

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cable replacement

1. This might help: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/batte...nal-repair.php

2. The cables are effectively connected in a series chain, so the old cables will be the weak links in the chain. Mixing the cables won't damage the new cables and probably won't hurt any other components, but you may not see any performance improvements until you get rid of all the bad cables.

3. Google "battery repair shop". Anyplace that repairs batteries ought to be able to fix the post on a deep cycle battery.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess I will start and try to back out the lag screw that was put in there. I guess the worst that can happen is it breaks off and then have to buy another battery.

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO