lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Does my 96 electric EZGO have a solenoid?

No problem.. We all get frustrated when trying to fix things for our momma's

Now, get the friend with the meter and start checking. Use the attached diagram and look for 36+ volts along the wires highlighted in red

Negative of the meter goes on the battery pack negative. Let us know what you find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (70.4 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #12
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post

Now, get the friend with the meter and start checking. Use the attached diagram and look for 36+ volts along the wires highlighted in red

Negative of the meter goes on the battery pack negative. Let us know what you find.
He's not home today :( but yesterday he went over all the wires and said everything was good. You don't think it would just be the solenoid?
jeanneo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

He is fired. Tell him we said so. It could be the solenoid but you have 4 other switches before power gets to it that can fail also. If it is not clicking at all I would suspect something before the solenoid.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #14
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it could be but Kgsc is just trying to trouble shoot it. This is the way the pro’s on this site have taught us how to do it. No sense in buying parts you don’t need.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #15
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
He is fired. Tell him we said so. It could be the solenoid but you have 4 other switches before power gets to it that can fail also. If it is not clicking at all I would suspect something before the solenoid.
LOL, I'll tell him. IF it is the solenoid though does it matter where I get it or brand??
Old 01-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

us, thanks for the compliment but I am no pro but I can follow a diagram

Jeanne, the part number you have is what you need if you determine the solenoid is bad. 27855G01 Is the EZGo number. White Rogers 70 amp. Yes you can replace it with something else as long as it is the same or higher capacity. I personally would make it easy and swap same for same. But do the other checks first. If you want just start checking at the solenoid and go backwards.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A sticky solenoid can be caused by pited or burnt contacts. Often a tap on the solenoid with a screwdriver handle will be enough of a jolt to jar the stuck contact free, and away you go again. This is a temp fix to be repeated as needed.
For a stock replacement stick with the stock # since you do not intend to upgrade and Mom is not off-roading a cart with big tires.
I see them as low as 29.95. Some BGW site sponsors carry them too.
GL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:48 AM   #18
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
us, thanks for the compliment but I am no pro but I can follow a diagram

Jeanne, the part number you have is what you need if you determine the solenoid is bad. 27855G01 Is the EZGo number. White Rogers 70 amp. Yes you can replace it with something else as long as it is the same or higher capacity. I personally would make it easy and swap same for same. But do the other checks first. If you want just start checking at the solenoid and go backwards.
Thanks, I'll let you know what I find out :)
Old 01-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #19
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A sticky solenoid can be caused by pited or burnt contacts. Often a tap on the solenoid with a screwdriver handle will be enough of a jolt to jar the stuck contact free, and away you go again. This is a temp fix to be repeated as needed.
For a stock replacement stick with the stock # since you do not intend to upgrade and Mom is not off-roading a cart with big tires.
I see them as low as 29.95. Some BGW site sponsors carry them too.
GL
I tried knocking on it, but no go..
Old 01-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #20
jeanneo8
Getting Wild

Quote:

OK, I got my friend over there with the meter and he got a reading on everything but the top right (if you're standing at the front of the cart looking down at it) black one on the controller??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO