lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #21
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New to RXV - Any Good Info Out There?

I can't believe no one has come up with a solution to this problem.

I have read about 12 others here have had the same problem, and they just drift away, with no closure or no solutions.

As I said, i have had a cart sitting for about 3-4 months now with that problem. I am afraid to sell it to someone as it is.

Have changed everything but actual wire harness, Which is no longer available with factory number in service manual( 200.

I have cut open the entire harness looking for corrossion, but haven't found any.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #22
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Short story about RXV Brakes that saved my friends life. We were at the lake one night. I just got my RXV. I left the key to the on position by mistake. My friend (woman) leaned over from the drivers side and opened my cooler to get anothe cold beverage, the ones where the lid slides over and down and the lid pushed on the accelerator pedal. Off goes the cart with her hanging on for dear life straight for the lake headed for a curb and large rock filled steep bank that went straight down to the water. She had enough sense to push the brake pedal and the RXV stopped immediately when the power was cut. If it had been a TXT or any other cart with mechanical brakes she would have been crushed when the cart hit the curb and flipped. Needless to say I no longer leave the key on when not in use. I truly believe the RXV brakes saved her from serious injury or death.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #23
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Sorry to be so late with reply.

Very busy at shop right now.

When brake is NOT installed on cart, cart fails Twist test at key on. Repeatedly turning cart on and off will result in accidental pass and allow cart to run.

Install properly operating(new from Ez Go) brake and key switch problem will disappear.

We have seen and repaired this problem many times.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO