lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #1
bigbad243
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Series Cart Upgrade

Picked up another cart today. It is a 06 Ezgo Series workhorse cart. Even better it has a 400 Amp AXE alltrax already installed. Even so, it seems slow to me. It appears to have a HD F/R selector already, but going to double check that when I go through it tomorrow. I am going to clean up all wires, etc. What can I do in order to get this thing to around 20-24mph? I would guess about 15mph right now. I use it for the neighborhood and a little hunting. Cart is already lifted with 22" tires. Here is what I am thinking:
-Motor rebuild (EMP or PQ) interested in your thoughts and ideas on cost
-Upgrade from 4GA to 2GA wires

Will that get it done? Anything you can add will be helpful.
bigbad243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Series Cart Upgrade

Give motor model number pls. Not "whatever it had", please go read the numbers. If we know what the motor is & what it "should do", we can give better answers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:57 PM   #3
bigbad243
Not Yet Wild

I see part number A02-4012
Forgot to mention 36 volts
Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I put in the bandit on my yamaha series stock 36v and got 19. The costs are on pq site, bandit 225 for me, price is probably the same but u can get other motor upgrades/rebuilds for more.
you send your motor to them and it takes 2-3 weeks.
I cant speak to its use as a hunting cart motor.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post
Picked up another cart today. It is a 06 Ezgo Series workhorse cart. Even better it has a 400 Amp AXE alltrax already installed. Even so, it seems slow to me. It appears to have a HD F/R selector already, but going to double check that when I go through it tomorrow. I am going to clean up all wires, etc. What can I do in order to get this thing to around 20-24mph? I would guess about 15mph right now. I use it for the neighborhood and a little hunting. Cart is already lifted with 22" tires. Here is what I am thinking:
-Motor rebuild (EMP or PQ) interested in your thoughts and ideas on cost
-Upgrade from 4GA to 2GA wires

Will that get it done? Anything you can add will be helpful.

Speeds of 20 plus mph and hunting in hills capability is a tall order for a series drive golf cart. The cart will need every component upgraded. Controller, solenoid, F&R, motor, and cable set. It's a pretty big commitment financially, not something most people want to do for a flipper.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #6
bigbad243
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Speeds of 20 plus mph and hunting in hills capability is a tall order for a series drive golf cart. The cart will need every component upgraded. Controller, solenoid, F&R, motor, and cable set. It's a pretty big commitment financially, not something most people want to do for a flipper.
Not sure what you mean by flipper, I am keeping this one. I have 400amp alltrax, solenoid, HD f&r and 4ga wires. What motor will get me there?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post
Not sure what you mean by flipper, I am keeping this one. I have 400amp alltrax, solenoid, HD f&r and 4ga wires. What motor will get me there?
By flipper I mean a cart that is fixed up for sale like a house or a car. Quote "Picked up another cart today. "

400a control is a little small for full torque performance even from the stock motor. Typically an aftermarket high speed motor would like an even bigger control. There is an advanced dc 4 hp high speed motor out there you could run with the 400a control. But I'm going to say that won't be a hunting motor and may be for moderate ground.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #8
bigbad243
Not Yet Wild

Guys what about the emp 2 stage motor with my 400 amp controller? What can I expect?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO