lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #21
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need Torque

Speaking of the Alltrax controller. If you don't have at least 50% brake current programmed in and you start to roll backwards the controller will disable the throttle. I asked Alltrax about it and they said it was to protect the electronics. Anyway that will give you a little thrill when your driving in downtown traffic. This is with the plug brake disabled.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #22
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Thompson521dc,

The Alltrax XCT controllers are fully compatible with your Excel drive system. They are very easy to install and will be a huge upgrade for your cart. There are three different flavors. A 300, 400, and 500 amp. With more amperage comes the need to upgrade more components. The 300 amp can be used with no modification to the cart at all. The 400 requires a cable upgrade and a heavy duty solenoid. The 500 requires the same as the 400 plus a motor upgrade as well. Any of these three combinations would give you added torque and speed. The 300, even though it's the easiest and least expensive, may or may not be enough to make you happy. It would be an improvement over stock for sure, but the 400 with the factory motor is an excellent and somewhat affordable combination.
David, Thanks for the input. I was actually on your site yesterday looking at the Alltrax 400 amp. I tried to pm you but somehow I didn't send it. What kind of performance can I expect with the 400 and will it be compatible with a new motor down the road. Also if I'm sold on not having regen braking (which I'm beginning to be sold on) is there another controller to consider. What appealed to me about the Alltrax is the ability to program w/ a lap top. Seems like a lot of guys like the Curtis but I certainly don't want to have to buy a programmer too.
thompson521dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #23
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

I emailed Robby at plum quick. He recommended starting with a controller. He suggested I check how low the battery back is dropping going up a hill. I went around the block and came back up a long but not extremely steep hill and my pack was reading 47V with the pedal to the floor (fully charged pack) at 16mph. I guess it wasn't slowing as bad as I thought but that 3-4 mph sure feels like a lot. Of course that is also if the speedo app I quickly downloaded on my phone is accurate
Old 03-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson521dc View Post
David, Thanks for the input. I was actually on your site yesterday looking at the Alltrax 400 amp. I tried to pm you but somehow I didn't send it. What kind of performance can I expect with the 400 and will it be compatible with a new motor down the road. Also if I'm sold on not having regen braking (which I'm beginning to be sold on) is there another controller to consider. What appealed to me about the Alltrax is the ability to program w/ a lap top. Seems like a lot of guys like the Curtis but I certainly don't want to have to buy a programmer too.
Not sure why the PM didn't work. You can email me directly at info@revolutiongolfcars.com. You don't have to do a motor upgrade with the 400 amp XCT. You can expect a pretty substantial increase in torque and speed. The XCT regen braking and max RPM can be tuned to your liking with a laptop computer. You'll have speeds in the mid 20s. A heavy duty solenoid and heavy duty cable set is required with the 400. Send me an email or call me if you wish to discuss it further.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:12 PM   #25
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

I was reading this thread and thought about this torque controller from Madjax that I've been thinking about. You can adjust speed, accel, and regen. I'm not sure if it's what your looking for but it seems really cool.

Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #26
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Seems way cool. It's also way expensive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car