lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2016, 07:31 PM   #31
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax xct install

Took it for quick run without body on, still painting. Questions mostly about software.
4 year old plumquick, bandit
I tried to call yesterday and ask whats max rpms it should stay below and if its a 4 or 8 pole.
There is a bundle of wires coming off end of motor, i dont remeber if this was plugged in or not. The regen braking never worked after motor swap. What does this bundle do. Is it a speed sensor?
The cart worked with it connected and disconnected with alltrax.
First impressions. It will spin the tires on grass and on concrete its pretty intense. Im sure i can lower that software wise.
It would go around 22 on flat with stock control, highest i saw tonight was 18. It got there quick, felt like it should keep winding up but seemed governed.
The stock profile on the toolkit for alltrax is turbo on, 6000 rpm limit and 8 pole.

My primary goal is to have more torque for the hills around here. 25 mph would be safe top speed, but i also want to re engage the regen so it doesnt do 40 down the hills. 25 be a good speed limit for down hill for my emerging 13 year old driver.

Last note. The led blinks 5 times which i believe is for ezgo? It should blink 7 for cc.

Thanks all
P.s. The voltometer i got from Scotty has 2 wires. One is supposed to go to blue wire on key, and the other to a brown yellow wire. None to be found of the latter. Does this need to be ran to the controller or is there a wire behind dash i can splice into. Id like it to go off when key is off

B
begvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to make sure there is no "pre-charge" resistor on the solenoid.

The 3-pin connector on the end of the motor needs to be plugged in.

You need to enable "speed limit".

The bandit has a 4-pole magnet.

Set the maximum rpm to 5600.

The throttle should be Club Car (5k-0Ω 3 wire).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #33
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

XCT throttle for CC is 0-5k 3 wire. Don't ask me why - I fought it but, Alltrax says that's the way the software is written
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #34
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Scotty is there a pre charge resister on the solenoid u sold me?
And do i set the throttle to the 5k-0 on the laptop.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #35
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Got it all put together, played a lil with the settings on controller.
Speed control option, set at 6k, cart gets up to 18. It wennt 22 with stock controller. Unchecked thst box, set the right 0 5k option, moved torque curve speed curve, it now has a too soft of response up to about 8mph, then it feels like an old car with turbo lag when the boost comes on, it flys up to 24 and wants to go higher. I stopped it accelerating at 28. Motor was whining, not loud but high. It went thst fast down hills with old controller and a bandit. It loses zero mph going up our hills. The regen is to sensitive. I let off the pedal the slightest amount and it puts u forward. Im either accelerating or decelerating. Head rocks back n forth.
I gotta mess with settings some more. Rwther have a little more low end when i pound it. Stock settings would bark tires on the lightest touch i was concerned about throwing kids off or maneuvering in tight spots. Need to allow cart to limit speed down hills but more subtlety than making me eat the windshield when i let off. Overall happy with the 400amp for allowing cart to not lose speed up hills. So many possibilities on the controller toolkit as well. Plumquick told me 5k rpm. Im gonna leave laptop plugged in to see what its spinning at various speeds. 25 if fast enough.
Next on list, 48v to 12v reducer for lights, an aftermarket key, and if they made something thwt wires to reducer thwt would have some usb ports to charge all of our gadgets.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Try the golf or turf for softer starts and reduce Regen for softer de-acceleration.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car