lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
kellsta
Not Yet Wild

Default Another, it will run, then it wont.

Been reading on here a lot lately. Anyway, 1999 DCS regen/sepex if I have identified it correctly.

Was driving on Sunday for about 10 minutes, stopped for about 5 minutes, get back on and I go no where. I flip the F/R switch a few times with no luck. I get off let it sit there overnight.

Wake up Sunday morning, try to move it but cant, flip it to tow, pull to house.

Raise the seat, flip it to run, press the pedal a few times and I hear it click and it moves. Put it in Neutral, turn it off. Turn it back on, put into forward, hear no click/hit the pedal with my hand, no click, it doesn't move.

I so the same thing again, I get a click and it moves. Drive for about five minutes, get off, flip to tow (I always do this when its gonna sit for a while) and it sits for about an hour. Go to get back on and it starts. Drive for another 5 minutes and park it in tow. Several hours later, get back on it and nothing.

Let it sit overnight, come home and it starts, I move into garage and put on charger.

All wires/connections are tight (or seem to be). Anyway, long winded without really saying much.

I have attached some pics if needed. Where should I start troubleshooting? POTS/Reed/Solenoid? I have a multimeter but electricity confuses me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3309.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3314.jpg (123.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3319.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3311.jpg (157.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3310.jpg (147.1 KB, 0 views)
kellsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another, it will run, then it wont.

Does solenoid click ever time ??
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
kellsta
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if my post was too lengthy/confusing. May have been.

To answer your question, no it does not click everytime. Its intermittent and AGGRAVATING.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellsta View Post
Been reading on here a lot lately. Anyway, 1999 DCS regen/sepex if I have identified it correctly.

Was driving on Sunday for about 10 minutes, stopped for about 5 minutes, get back on and I go no where. I flip the F/R switch a few times with no luck. I get off let it sit there overnight.

Wake up Sunday morning, try to move it but cant, flip it to tow, pull to house.

Raise the seat, flip it to run, press the pedal a few times and I hear it click and it moves. Put it in Neutral, turn it off. Turn it back on, put into forward, hear no click/hit the pedal with my hand, no click, it doesn't move.

I so the same thing again, I get a click and it moves. Drive for about five minutes, get off, flip to tow (I always do this when its gonna sit for a while) and it sits for about an hour. Go to get back on and it starts. Drive for another 5 minutes and park it in tow. Several hours later, get back on it and nothing.

Let it sit overnight, come home and it starts, I move into garage and put on charger.

All wires/connections are tight (or seem to be). Anyway, long winded without really saying much.

I have attached some pics if needed. Where should I start troubleshooting? POTS/Reed/Solenoid? I have a multimeter but electricity confuses me.

The forward micro switch which is located on the driver's side of the fnr switch has been known to give a lot of problems which would be similar to what you're experiencing. Make sure it has continuity through the switch when it's in forward and reverse.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The NCX controller might be over heating. It is not supposed to be covered with the stock environmental cover.

Cut the stock cover off just below the Run/Tow switch and only cover the top, or relocate the Run/Tow switch and leave the cover off completely.

--------------
When the cart is misbehaving, what are the voltages on Pins 5, 6, 7, 9 & 10 with pedal pushed?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
kellsta
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I will try the suggested thoughts this weekend.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #7
kellsta
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The NCX controller might be over heating. It is not supposed to be covered with the stock environmental cover.

Cut the stock cover off just below the Run/Tow switch and only cover the top, or relocate the Run/Tow switch and leave the cover off completely.

--------------
When the cart is misbehaving, what are the voltages on Pins 5, 6, 7, 9 & 10 with pedal pushed?
How can I tell if its overheating? By touch? Will it throw a lite? I believe I downloaded the lite codes at home.

Also, you say cut or remove the controller cover. We live on a dirt road. Will the dust mess with the controller/solenoid? I was amazed at how clean the inside was after I removed the cover. The rest of the cart gets filthy.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds to me like an intermittent micro switch... if it's intermittent in both F&R then look at replacing the pedal box micro switch

Any Johnnie is correect about the Alltrax - it needs air, dirty or clean, to cool.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #9
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Check the 18 guage wire under the seat over by the charging port. I had trouble with this recently. Loose or corroded.
leapingbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO